Q. How to overcome my mood swings and change my behavior?

I often feel very low, anxious, and stressed. I try diverting myself, but I still get into a trance, where I feel sad. I am afraid of losing people, and keep thinking about what they think and how they feel. Even though they are not worthy of my sorry at times, I still apologize out of fear. Sometimes, I feel like I have got multiple personalities. I feel sad for a period, and then later feel exhausted, dull, drowsy and feel my mind go numb. I always feel that something is missing, and I feel uncomfortable. I do not know how to be normal with people. I had the same problem earlier in my life. I feel lonely, and I am not confident. I feel like being alone, but I cannot bear the silence.

Psychiatry Psychotherapy Sexology
#

I can understand your concern.

• I do not think these are symptoms of multiple personalities. Your main symptoms are related to mood like low mood, feeling bad at times, and anxiousness.
  • Fear of losing people is also related to depression. Your behavior to say sorry despite no mood but due to fear of losing people is also a part of depression. Mood swings are resulting in a rapid shift in your behavior.
  • Please do not remain distressed. These symptoms could be treated easily with medicine and cognitive therapy. SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) drugs like Fluoxetine, Escitalopram, Paroxetine, etc., can be used for depression and anxiety. Regular use of these drugs will help to reduce anxiety and depression symptoms. These drugs are safe to use and have no serious side effects.

So, please talk to a psychiatrist for evaluation and prescription of the drugs. Thanks and take care.

For further queries consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

| 

Can you suggest the name of the medicine and the dosage, so it will be easy to consult a local doctor for the prescription? How do I overcome my mood swings and change my behavior?

Psychiatry Psychotherapy Sexology
#

I can suggest you the medicines, and you can visit your local doctor for the prescription.

• Considering your symptoms, in my opinion, Escitalopram will be best suited for you. I suggest starting with 5 mg dose for two weeks once daily after breakfast and increase the dose to 10 mg after two weeks. This will help to control your symptoms.
  • Try to ignore all negative things and give importance to positive things of others. Find the positive qualities of yourself and try to appreciate these qualities of yours.
  • Keep one thing in mind that you are most important thing for you. You have to keep the prime focus on yourself and not on others. Ignore any negative things and focus on your work. If you include these things in your day to day functioning, then you will see much improvement.

Thanks and take care.

For more information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

|