Q. How to cure mouth ulcer?

Dr. Naveen Thomas
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 07, 2016 and last reviewed on: May 26, 2020

I have a sore in the mouth. I have attached the photos. Please help.

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentistry Endodontist Paediatric Dentistry Periodontist
#

• In the photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity), the sore looks just like a simple mouth ulcer. This will take at least 8 to 10 days to heal.
  • Do you get frequent sores? Since how long are you having this?
  • Is it very painful when eating hot or spicy food? What is your age?
  • Do you have any other medications? Are you pregnant?
  • Is the area swollen and hard to touch or soft? I need answers to these questions for better diagnosis.
  • I suggest you the following treatment.
  1. Use warm saline gargle thrice a day for removing the infection and heal faster.
  2. Apply local anesthetic gel at the site to relieve pain.
  3. If it occurs frequently and there is more than one sore, then it can be due to vitamin B deficiency. Take Vitamin B complex capsule once daily for 15 days.

Revert back with the answers to the above questions to a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

| 

It only hurts when I touch it. The area is soft when I touch it, but stings. It has been there for a couple days.

Dr. Naveen Thomas

#

• You need not worry about it. It will go away fully by next week.
  • You can use any anesthetic gel and an anti- inflammatory medication if you can.
  • If it comes often, then take Vitamin B capsules too as suggested.

For further doubts consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|