Q. I have pain and clicking sound in knee. What does my MRI show?

Dr. Vivek Chail

I would like to get help reading knee MRI. Based on physical examination: Acute medial meniscus tear. Pain, clicking sound and cannot do activities.

#

Please note the images are sub-optimal for giving a professional report as we need to see the images in detail at the workstation computer (attachment removed to protect patient identity). However, my observations after viewing the images sent by you are the following:

Your MRI knee is showing a mild knee joint effusion and is the likely cause of your pain an discomfort. The medial meniscus shows a suspicious area of signal abnormality in in the anterior horn root area and is not a serious concern. The rest of the meniscus is looking normal. The anterior cruciate ligament is intact, however there can changes from a mild strain of the ligament.

|