Q. Can muscle twitches in my hands and legs, chillness in my feet, and chest pain be GBS syndrome?

Dr. Florilyn Joyce Chulsi Bentrez

I am a 19-year-old male. And I have been experiencing muscle twitching in my hands and legs for more than three months. And I also have occasional chest pains. My feet are too cold even when I am in a hot shower. I had my Johnson and Johnson COVID-19 vaccine 16 days ago.

I read about a rare autoimmune syndrome (GBS), and I am really worried.

Kindly help.

#

Thank you for the query.

Kindly answer me the following to help you better;

1) Do you have any weight loss?

2) Do you have weakness in the hands and feet?

3) Do you have difficulty in breathing?

I suggest you do ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate), CRP (C-reactive protein), nerve conduction study, and electromyography. Meanwhile, you can take tablet Pregabalin 75 mg once daily and vitamin B complex once daily for ten days.

Take care.

Thanks for the reply.

I have had fasciculations for three to four months. And yes, I lost about 5 to 6 kg. But I was on a diet and going to the gym almost every day, so it was on purpose.

About the weakness, I have periodic muscle pain in my leg and arm. I can lift heavy things without any issues. And no breathing issues.

Shall I delay the tests that you have mentioned?

Thanks.

#

Yes, it is acceptable to delay the test if the present condition is post-vaccination neuropathy. But for the fasciculations, you need to undergo nerve conduction study and electromyography as soon as possible.

Thanks.

|