Q. Does pain in soles while walking or standing mean plantar fasciitis?

Dr. Lokesh

From the last few months, I am having pain in both the soles. It gets worse when I walk or stand for a long time. Also, it gets worse when I sleep. I suspect it is plantar fasciitis. What remedy do you suggest?

#

This is a condition in which the fascia or the tissue at the heel is inflamed, and pain is there especially in the morning after getting up from sleep. You need to do the following exercise:

1. Physical therapy. A physical therapist can instruct you in a series of exercises to stretch the plantar fascia and Achilles tendon and to strengthen lower leg muscles, which stabilize your ankle and heel. A therapist may also teach you to apply athletic taping to support the bottom of your foot. Alternatively, you can do the exercises at home too.
  2. Wear shoes which have soft soles, or alternatively, you can insert silicon heels or silicon soles.
  3. Apply ice twice daily.

Doing all these things will help reduce this pain.

For more information consult an orthpaedician and traumatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/orthopaedician-and-traumatologist

|