Q. I had pain in my upper chest which does not hurt on taking deep breath. Please help.

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy
Published on Nov 14, 2019 and last reviewed on: Nov 18, 2019

I had a pain in my upper part of the chest for the last three weeks. It does not hurt when I take deep breaths but it is constant pain. This pain sometimes will move from the upper part of my chest to the bottom part of my chest. Can you help me and put my mind at ease.

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

There are a lot of causes of chest pain. Chronic pain is indicative of a more muscular pain etiology also known as Costochondritis. Pain around the left side of the chest, associated with gastric symptoms such as reflux, and acidity indicate GERD (gastric esophagal reflux disease). And then there is an anginal pain too. However, anginal pain is severe and it does not seem to be the case for you.

I will advise you to take Brufen 400 mg twice daily for three days after food, and also Omeprazole 20 mg once daily before breakfast for the same duration. If the pain still persists, just to be on the safer side get an ECG (electrocardiogram) done and follow up with me.

Chest pain since 15 days. ECG & TMT reports are normal. What could be the problem?

Query: Hello Doctor, I am having chest pain since 15 days. My ECG & TMT reports are negative. But still I am suffering with the pain. Please suggest me the appropriate treatment.  Read Full »

How can I control acidity with headache?

Query: Hello doctor,I am having an acidity problem. From the past 10 days, it is being greater due to which I am having a headache from the past 10 days. What should I do to control it and what should be my diet and routine exercise?  Read Full »

I have GERD. Can you suggest any treament?

Query: Hello Doctor, I have been suffering from stomach ulcer for the past 2 years. Till now the ulcer was not severe, but since few days I have been having stomach pain everytime after having food. Doctor diagnosed that, I have GERD. But even then I faced GERD problems rarely. But for the past 3 weeks ...  Read Full »

Ask a General Practitioner Now