Q. Is there any permanent solution for myopia?

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 02, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jun 17, 2020

I have a congenital squint problem. Till 12 to 13 years of age, my eyesight was good. Then, I developed myopia. It is mainly because of television. Now, I am 21 years old and have power glasses of -3.5. Is there any permanent solution for my condition? Please explain even if it is a surgery. Thank you.

#

• There is no medication or food for improving eyesight or to get rid of glasses.
  • If you are not interested in glasses, then you can try contact lens or LASIK (a laser eye surgery).
  • As your age is 21, your number will not increase further. Whether you wear glasses or not, the number becomes stable at the age of 18 to 20 years.
  • Having said that, I advise you to eat a balanced diet including green vegetables and seasonal fruits for keeping eyes and body healthy.
  • If you are not comfortable with contact lens, then go for LASIK. LASIK is a very easy and painless procedure.
  • Treatment of squint depends on the type and amount of squint. Being a squint specialist, I need to see a photo of your eyes to guide in a better way

Revert back with the photos to an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|