Myopia

I am watching electronic device for a long time. Can it cause brain tumor?

Query: I am 15 year old and I have myopia with an eye power of -5. In this corona pandemic, I use to work for about six to seven hours on electronic devices. Since few days, I have mild headache over my head which come and go on their own at any time. I am also having drowsiness and sometimes I also have ...  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: People having longer screen times face these problems. It can be a simple fatique like eye muscle strain. You must take small breaks during your screen work and remind yourself to blink also. During longer screen time usage, your blinking rate decreases and this results in the problem of dry eyes. ...  Read Full »

What is the treatment option for nearsightedness in an 11-year-old girl?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter, aged 11, does not see distant objects (letters). She never makes any complaint about this nearsightedness, so we are unaware. She is doing her daily activities, like reading, dancing, and playing without any problem. While watching the IPL, she cannot read the TV screen s...  Read Full »

Dr. Asha Barboza

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It appears that your daughter has developed myopia or shortsightedness. This usually manifests around the age of 11 to 12 years. It usually happens if either parent has a similar problem but can happen sporadically also. These days, it is a common problem with an inc...  Read Full »

I have a low vision in my right eye with number -18. Can it be cured?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old female. I have a low vision in my right eye with number -18. Can it be cured? What are the chances that it will come to my next generation?  Read Full »

Dr. David J Mathew

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From what you have described, you have a high myopic refractive error (minus 18 diopter) in the right eye. I am assuming that the vision in your left eye is normal. If it is not, then please let me know. The right eye is likely to be amblyopic that is it did not receive e...  Read Full »

What will be the cause of seeing blobs of different colors and shapes in the eyes?

Query: Hello doctor, I keep seeing blobs of different colors, and my vision can be quite speckly at times, with lots of floaters, and I look at some shapes and still see the outlines elsewhere, my right eye flare-up, and bloodshot some days from the nose corner, out and dissipating towards the color of th...  Read Full »

Dr. Asha Barboza

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for your query. Floaters are common in most people, especially if you have a refractive error like myopia or shortsightedness. But you do need to monitor these floaters by getting a dilated retinal check-up every year as sometimes degenerative changes in the ...  Read Full »

Can LipiFlow or IPL result in eye floaters?

Query: Hi! Two questions- I have dry eye. I went to a dry eye center and they did Lipiflow and one session of IPL laser. Ever since, my eyes have felt less dry but I've been seeing a lot of floaters. I checked with an opthamologist and he said my eye looks healthy, he was able to see my floaters and s...  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Koranmath

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, There is a jelly like substance in the eye called Vitrious and as age progresses it starts to liquify or if it gets detaches you start seeing floaters. It is common in myopes. It is not due to IPL laser. You should go to an Ophthalmologist immediately in case if there is increase in number...  Read Full »

Can myopia be reduced naturally?

Query: hello, i am a 16 year old teenage girl who has mild myopia. i was first prescribed with glasses when i was in 7th grade, and now i am in 11th grade. my first power was -0.25 and -0.5 dioptre and now it is -2.5 and -3.0 dioptre. at first, my power increased -0.5 in both eyes in every 6 months without...  Read Full »

Dr. Skandha Harshita

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: hi welcome to icliniq I have gone through your query and I understand your concern and your apprehension regarding the care of your eyes. 1.myopia doesn't resolve . only pseudomyopia does. 2. atropine as a prophylactic treatment has been tried for younger children and its not effective for older ...  Read Full »

Can myopia be permanently cured?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a congenital squint problem. Till 12 to 13 years of age, my eyesight was good. Then, I developed myopia. It is mainly because of television. Now, I am 21 years old and have power glasses of -3.5. Is there any permanent solution for my condition? Please explain even if it is a surg...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is no medication or food for improving eyesight or to get rid of glasses. If you are not interested in glasses, then you can try contact lens or LASIK (a laser eye surgery). As your age is 21, your number will not increase further. Whether you wear glasses or not,...  Read Full »

What does retinal detachment mean?

Query: Hi doctor, While blinking my eyes, some round shaped image is appearing in my left eyelid. I seek doctor’s advice and he said that I have a retinal detachment. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The round images you see are called floaters. These are associated with posterior vitreous detachment (PVD). With PVD there may be a break or hole in retina and that can lead to retinal detachment (RD). With retinal detachment initially there may be a curtain in the visua...  Read Full »

What is the normal refractive error numbers of 1-year-old?

Query: Hello doctor, My child is one year old. On routine examination his eye has a power of minus 3.5 and minus 2.5 refractive error. What is the normal refractive error at this age as refraction continues to change? Doctor said to follow up after six months as glasses may be needed if power increases....  Read Full »

Dr. Hussein Ayoub

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, let me tell you that visual development takes until the age of puberty. As your child grows, his vision parameters will change because his eyeball grows with him as he ages. So visual stability will continue to change until the age of 18-20 years old. ...  Read Full »

Are specs needed for cylindrical power of 1 and 1. 25?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 5 years old. His doctor told that he has a cylindrical power of 1 and 1.25. He also said that his muscle power is weak. Is it a must to wear eyeglasses?  Read Full »

Dr. Shikha

General Practitioner, Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern regarding your child. Yes, he definitely has to use glasses as you said that your child is having cylindrical power in both eyes. If he will not use glasses, then he will keep on complaining of headache and keep on squeezing his eyes, whic...  Read Full »