Myopia

Can LipiFlow or IPL result in eye floaters?

Query: Hi! Two questions- I have dry eye. I went to a dry eye center and they did Lipiflow and one session of IPL laser. Ever since, my eyes have felt less dry but I've been seeing a lot of floaters. I checked with an opthamologist and he said my eye looks healthy, he was able to see my floaters and s...  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Koranmath

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, There is a jelly like substance in the eye called Vitrious and as age progresses it starts to liquify or if it gets detaches you start seeing floaters. It is common in myopes. It is not due to IPL laser. You should go to an Ophthalmologist immediately in case if there is increase in number...  Read Full »

Can myopia be reduced naturally?

Query: hello, i am a 16 year old teenage girl who has mild myopia. i was first prescribed with glasses when i was in 7th grade, and now i am in 11th grade. my first power was -0.25 and -0.5 dioptre and now it is -2.5 and -3.0 dioptre. at first, my power increased -0.5 in both eyes in every 6 months without...  Read Full »

Dr. Skandha Harshita

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: hi welcome to icliniq I have gone through your query and I understand your concern and your apprehension regarding the care of your eyes. 1.myopia doesn't resolve . only pseudomyopia does. 2. atropine as a prophylactic treatment has been tried for younger children and its not effective for older ...  Read Full »

Can myopia be permanently cured?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a congenital squint problem. Till 12 to 13 years of age, my eyesight was good. Then, I developed myopia. It is mainly because of television. Now, I am 21 years old and have power glasses of -3.5. Is there any permanent solution for my condition? Please explain even if it is a surg...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is no medication or food for improving eyesight or to get rid of glasses. If you are not interested in glasses, then you can try contact lens or LASIK (a laser eye surgery). As your age is 21, your number will not increase further. Whether you wear glasses or not,...  Read Full »

What does retinal detachment mean?

Query: Hi doctor, While blinking my eyes, some round shaped image is appearing in my left eyelid. I seek doctor’s advice and he said that I have a retinal detachment. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The round images you see are called floaters. These are associated with posterior vitreous detachment (PVD). With PVD there may be a break or hole in retina and that can lead to retinal detachment (RD). With retinal detachment initially there may be a curtain in the visua...  Read Full »

What is the normal refractive error numbers of 1-year-old?

Query: Hello doctor, My child is one year old. On routine examination his eye has a power of minus 3.5 and minus 2.5 refractive error. What is the normal refractive error at this age as refraction continues to change? Doctor said to follow up after six months as glasses may be needed if power increases....  Read Full »

Dr. Hussein Ayoub

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, let me tell you that visual development takes until the age of puberty. As your child grows, his vision parameters will change because his eyeball grows with him as he ages. So visual stability will continue to change until the age of 18-20 years old. ...  Read Full »

Are specs needed for cylindrical power of 1 and 1. 25?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 5 years old. His doctor told that he has a cylindrical power of 1 and 1.25. He also said that his muscle power is weak. Is it a must to wear eyeglasses?  Read Full »

Dr. Shikha

General Practitioner, Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern regarding your child. Yes, he definitely has to use glasses as you said that your child is having cylindrical power in both eyes. If he will not use glasses, then he will keep on complaining of headache and keep on squeezing his eyes, whic...  Read Full »

What is the possibility of NAION in an elderly person?

Query: Hello doctor, The question I have is concerning the retina photographs that I have attached to this question. From those can you tell if I suffer from a condition known as "disc at risk" or "crowded optical disc"? I understand that it is possible for people with this condition to suffer from non-a...  Read Full »

Dr. Dada Peer K

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I reviewed your history and the photos of the retina attached to the question. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The fundus picture does not appear like disc at risk and hence no need to worry about it. In the fundus photo, the disc is showing is pe...  Read Full »

Why is there no improvement in vision even after changing the glasses?

Query: Hello doctor, I recently bought new glasses with a different prescription, but I genuinely feel no difference between my glasses. I have tested it at in daylight and also during night time numerous times, I just see the same. I tried to look for the cause myself, but it came to a dead end. Thanks f...  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icilniq.com. From your attached prescription, I can tell you that there is a very definite change in the power of your glasses and also in the amount of how much you can see. The best to make that difference stand out, that you can do yourself is to cover each eye and look throu...  Read Full »

Will cataract and myopia get stable with time?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 years old and I am in the computer field and have myopia (-10) and cataract in both eyes, will it get stable with time or are there any chances that I can go blind. I am in depression thinking about I might go blind.  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I will first of all say that myopia is correctable and cataracts are curable, so there is no need to worry about blindness as long as you are attending your follow ups regularly. You have mentioned that your power is -10 but I want to ask you how much your vision is wit...  Read Full »

Can adult stem cells improve high myopia?

Query: Hello doctor, Since my childhood I was complaining short sightedness that the doctors call high myopia. 19 years back, I was having lasik operation for both eyes then my vision improved, 6 years later, eyes vision begun decreasing. After that I was having light sensitivity. I am feeling headache ...  Read Full »

Dr. Dada Peer K

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems from the history that you have undergone LASIK surgery for correction of myopia. The symptoms of light sensitivity, headache on watching computer or TV indicate dry eyes which is common following LASIK surgery. No need to worry the treatment is also simple ...  Read Full »