Myopia

What is the possibility of NAION in an elderly person?

Query: Hello doctor, The question I have is concerning the retina photographs that I have attached to this question. From those can you tell if I suffer from a condition known as "disc at risk" or "crowded optical disc"? I understand that it is possible for people with this condition to suffer from non-a...  Read Full »

Dr. Dada Peer K

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I reviewed your history and the photos of the retina attached to the question. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The fundus picture does not appear like disc at risk and hence no need to worry about it. In the fundus photo, the disc is showing is pe...  Read Full »

Why is there no improvement in vision even after changing the glasses?

Query: Hello doctor, I recently bought new glasses with a different prescription, but I genuinely feel no difference between my glasses. I have tested it at in daylight and also during night time numerous times, I just see the same. I tried to look for the cause myself, but it came to a dead end. Thanks f...  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icilniq.com. From your attached prescription, I can tell you that there is a very definite change in the power of your glasses and also in the amount of how much you can see. The best to make that difference stand out, that you can do yourself is to cover each eye and look throu...  Read Full »

Will cataract and myopia get stable with time?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 years old and I am in the computer field and have myopia (-10) and cataract in both eyes, will it get stable with time or are there any chances that I can go blind. I am in depression thinking about I might go blind.  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I will first of all say that myopia is correctable and cataracts are curable, so there is no need to worry about blindness as long as you are attending your follow ups regularly. You have mentioned that your power is -10 but I want to ask you how much your vision is wit...  Read Full »

Can adult stem cells improve high myopia?

Query: Hello doctor, Since my childhood I was complaining short sightedness that the doctors call high myopia. 19 years back, I was having lasik operation for both eyes then my vision improved, 6 years later, eyes vision begun decreasing. After that I was having light sensitivity. I am feeling headache ...  Read Full »

Dr. Dada Peer K

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems from the history that you have undergone LASIK surgery for correction of myopia. The symptoms of light sensitivity, headache on watching computer or TV indicate dry eyes which is common following LASIK surgery. No need to worry the treatment is also simple ...  Read Full »

What is the solution for short sight other than wearing glasses?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25-year-old male. I have short sight and cannot see long-distance, letters, or things. My eyesight power is -2 and -1.75. I am wearing eye glass from 3 years of age but there is no improvement in my eye problem, that is why I am not interested to wear glass. I am a computer wo...  Read Full »

Dr. Dada Peer K

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I reviewed your history. You are having myopia of -2 and -1.75 refractive power. This requires correction by the use of spectacles. The use of spectacles will not lead to the improvement of eyesight and reduction of refractive power, but it prevents further increase ...  Read Full »

Why are there several floaters in my left eye after laser capsulotomy?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 38-year-old male. I have a family history of myopia and cataract. I had myopia since early childhood. I developed a cataract in both my eyes at the age of 32 and had them operated upon followed by an IOL in both the eyes. Soon after, in the same year, I developed opacification ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. What is the exact meaning when you use this word "bubble"? After capsulotomy, capsular fragments start floating in vitreous leading to floaters. This sensation usually decreases with time and slowly over time the brain starts avoiding these images and the patient be...  Read Full »

How to get rid of spectacles when the eye power increases from -0.5 to -1.5?

Query: Hello doctor,My eye power is only -0.5, but now it has increased to -1.5. I think it is due to the side effects of Perinorm tablets, which I was taking before six months. I am currently taking homeopathic medicines to remove my glass. Please suggest to me how to get rid of spectacles?  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you grow in height and built, similarly, your eye size changes, so as your glass number. Usually myopia (minus number) starts at 7-8 years of age and keep on changing till 20-22 years. Your glasses number is small. Keep using glasses and visit your doctor once i...  Read Full »

Can myopia of power +1.5 be cured with medicine or exercise?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is detected with hypermyopia with power of +1.5. Can it be cured with medicine or exercise?  Read Full »

Dr. Shikha

General Practitioner, Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. What is his age?  Read Full »

My eyesight is getting worse and doctors say myopia cannot be cured. Is it true?

Query: Hello doctor,Before two years, my eyesight was perfect. But during that time only because of me using phone late night it started declining and now its R= >-2.25, L = >-2.00. I used '>' because I am currently not able to see that clearly with my current glasses. Within the span of three yea...  Read Full »

Dr. Souhad

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Adolescent myopia is a condition that we come across in ophthalmology, and it is considered physiological, but specific approaches should be maintained and other pathologies to be excluded such as disorders in the macula that might be mimicking myopia. The first step...  Read Full »

What are the treatment measures for myopia?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 20 years old and I have myopia (-3,50 ). I always avoided smoking, lived a healthy lifestyle and ate a balanced diet but my vision just got worse. I just became worried about my vision. What else can I do to stop this progress?  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concerns. I want to assure you that such myopic progression is quite common at a young age such as in your case. This is mainly because of the exponential growth and development of all the parts of your body at this stage of life. I can confirm that...  Read Full »