Myopia

Can myopia of power +1.5 be cured with medicine or exercise?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is detected with hypermyopia with power of +1.5. Can it be cured with medicine or exercise?  Read Full »

Dr. Shikha

General Practitioner, Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. What is his age?  Read Full »

My eyesight is getting worse and doctors say myopia cannot be cured. Is it true?

Query: Hello doctor,Before two years, my eyesight was perfect. But during that time only because of me using phone late night it started declining and now its R= >-2.25, L = >-2.00. I used '>' because I am currently not able to see that clearly with my current glasses. Within the span of three yea...  Read Full »

Dr. Souhad

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Adolescent myopia is a condition that we come across in ophthalmology, and it is considered physiological, but specific approaches should be maintained and other pathologies to be excluded such as disorders in the macula that might be mimicking myopia. The first step...  Read Full »

What are the treatment measures for myopia?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 20 years old and I have myopia (-3,50 ). I always avoided smoking, lived a healthy lifestyle and ate a balanced diet but my vision just got worse. I just became worried about my vision. What else can I do to stop this progress?  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concerns. I want to assure you that such myopic progression is quite common at a young age such as in your case. This is mainly because of the exponential growth and development of all the parts of your body at this stage of life. I can confirm that...  Read Full »

What is causing headache around eyes in a myopic?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 24 years old. Two years back I grew some vision problem (myopia) because I think I used the phone a lot with full intensity at night. Till then my number has been increasing. Although now, I refrain from using gadgets at a high light intensity, till now I have visited the doctor ...  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concerns and please be reassured there is nothing to worry about. This kind of myopia will not cause any blindness. Even though most people's power stabilizes by 20 to 25, few may have progression all the way to 30, it is not usual but is still norm...  Read Full »

I have myopia -4 in power and I am not eligible for LASIK. Is this progressive?

Query: Hello doctor, I have myopia -4 in power and I am not eligible for LASIK. I am 25. Is this progressive? What long-term complications can be there as my cornea thickness is too low for LASIK surgery.  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Even though your power of - 4 is well within the correctable range and your power has been stable for two years, your corneas were too thin on topography maps for surgery (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The doctors deferred surgery because, during ...  Read Full »

I have tingling in upper lip without any weakness or numbness. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am female, have good health, fit, and 45 years old. For the past two days, I have had a small amount of tingling in the upper lip. No weakness, no face or body numbness, no headache. Please help me. I have severe myopia and wear glasses.  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms are so localized that it is really exceptional for any neurological disorders like MS (multiple sclerosis), Guillan Barre or any brain tumor (other symptoms should be present and the beginning is a little slow and progressive).  Read Full »

Can I get ICL or LASIK for eye power?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 24 years old and have been wearing glasses for myopia for six years. I have spectacle powers -9D and -11D in left and right eyes respectively with some small degrees of astigmatism. I had been consulting doctors for LASIK and ICL. I was found ineligible for LASIK but each doctor ...  Read Full »

Dr. Skandha Harshita

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. ICl is a surgical procedure to implant an artificial lens on the natural lens. During the workup of taking up a case for ICL surgery, many parameters are considered as it has a high risk of secondary cataract formation later on. Some of them are endothelial cell count, ...  Read Full »

What can be done to reduce myopia?

Query: Hello doctor, I have myopia problem, but day by day it is increasing. What should I do to reduce it?  Read Full »

Dr. Manish Mahabir

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Unfortunately, there is no proven treatment available for this condition. People have tried various treatments like intraocular pressure reducing drops, or atropine in children. It is a good practice to get your refraction done six-monthly as using improper glasses is a...  Read Full »

My kid's eyeball size is quite big.What could it be?

Query: Hello doctor, Yesterday we had a consultation with an eye doctor for my kid. After diagnosis the doctor said "kid's eyeball size is quite big". He also said left and right eye have  "-4" power (not cylindrical) and retina is good. He also added that, at this stage we cannot do any thing and asked ...  Read Full »

Dr. Dada Peer K

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I reviewed your history. It seems from the history that your kid is having myopia (short sight). In myopia the eyeball size will be larger and no need to be worried about it. Since his retina is good he will do well. This is a commonly seen problem in children. This re...  Read Full »

What are the measures to improve vision in a myopic?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 24 years old. I am suffering from myopia for the past four years and now suddenly my vision increased by 1, before it was -2.50 and now it became -3.50. I am really very depressed. Please suggest how can I improve my vision?  Read Full »

Dr. Satish Bhavsar

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In myopic persons, their refractive power can increase during the growing phase of their body (chances are more when there is a family history of myopia). Please get your eyes checked regularly. Once the power stops changing in last 1 to 2 years you can opt for LASIK...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.