Q. Can a NAFLD patient consume cashew and groundnut?

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

My mom is suffering from NAFLD. Is she supposed to avoid both saturated fats and unsaturated fats? Can she eat nuts like cashew and groundnut?

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

#

Dear, she may take unsaturated fats like omega-3 fatty acids or fish oils or cod liver oil, etc. Avoid spicy food and saturated fats. Vitamin E and Vitamin C are useful to reduce fat in the liver. Use tablet Pantoprazole before breakfast for one week in case of acidity or indigestion which is more common in fatty liver disease. Regular exercise, weight reduction may be useful. Please consult your physician for a follow-up scan and blood tests. Take care.

|