Q. I have dark vertical stripes on my nails. What are they?

I have a few concerns, got a few lines appearing on my nail, which is dark vertical stripes. Especially the one on my right thumb is in the middle, and it has been here for the last two weeks now.

Cosmetology Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Venereology
#

Any symptoms or any other systemic complaints like diabetes or hypertension? And on any medication?

| 

No other symptoms at all as you asked, and I am on C tax medication and antibiotic ATM.

#

You are suffering from Longitudinal melanonychia there are numerous causes of it but in your case, it might be to decrease VIT D, thyroid disorder and raised liver enzyme. So I would advise you to correct these through proper medication and this will subside automatically in a few weeks. I hope it helps. If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

|