Q. What can cause yellow colored urine?

Dr. Sugandh Garg
Published on Apr 24, 2016

My urine is yellow in color for the last two months. One week back, I had blood test, urinalysis and LFTs. All the reports were normal. What is the reason for the yellow color of my urine?

Dr. Sugandh Garg

Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine Toxicology
#

High colored urine can be because of various reasons.

Drinking less water in the hot weather can also cause high colored urine.

• Are you taking any medication? Is there any burning sensation or itching in the area?
  • Please get ultrasound of whole abdomen specifically liver to rule out any liver pancreas related abnormality.
  • Please get complete hemogram and rule out any infection. Kindly attach the reports to guide you more detaily.
  • Are you taking alcohol on regular basis?

Revert back with the answers to a forensic medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/forensic-medicine-physician

| 

The microscopic examination result is as follows. RBC nil, pus cells 2-4/HPF, EP cells 1-2/HPF, casts nil, crystals nil, organisms nil. LTF details are as follows: Total bilirubin 0.9 mg/dL up 1.0, SGOT 18 and SGPT 26.

Dr. Sugandh Garg

#

• The urine routine and serum bilirubin seems to be within normal limits. However, there are a few pus cells.
  • You must take plenty of fluids. Also, start with Citro-Soda sachet (urine alkalizer) twice daily in a glass of water.
  • Take urine culture and other tests which were prescribed and share the reports.

Revert back with the reports to a forensic medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/forensic-medicine-physician

| 

What is the permanent solution for testicular pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a mild pain in the right testis since two months. The USG report showed slight thickening of the spermatic cord. Now, after 10 days of antibiotic courses referred by the physician, then the condition is better. But when I lift some weight or drive a car, then the pain starts again...  Read Full »

Why is there a persistent low-grade fever in a 54-year-old female?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is 54 years old and is facing persistent low-grade fever. She had it for almost a year and nothing was diagnosed from the tests and then suddenly it got fine. Now again she got a fever from some stomach infection and it has been 15 days that the fever is there between 99 to ...  Read Full »

Please suggest medicines for parameters out of range in the blood test.

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is 36 years old. In one of her routine blood tests, we found a few anomalies. The report is attached. Please let me know your thoughts on the parameters that are out of range in the report and suggest medicines.  Read Full »

Ask a Forensic Medicine Physician Now