Q. What can cause yellow colored urine?

Dr. Sugandh Garg
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 24, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 10, 2020

My urine is yellow in color for the last two months. One week back, I had blood test, urinalysis and LFTs. All the reports were normal. What is the reason for the yellow color of my urine?

#

High colored urine can be because of various reasons.

Drinking less water in the hot weather can also cause high colored urine.

• Are you taking any medication? Is there any burning sensation or itching in the area?
  • Please get ultrasound of whole abdomen specifically liver to rule out any liver pancreas related abnormality.
  • Please get complete hemogram and rule out any infection. Kindly attach the reports to guide you more detaily.
  • Are you taking alcohol on regular basis?

Revert back with the answers to a forensic medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/forensic-medicine-physician

The microscopic examination result is as follows. RBC nil, pus cells 2-4/HPF, EP cells 1-2/HPF, casts nil, crystals nil, organisms nil. LTF details are as follows: Total bilirubin 0.9 mg/dL up 1.0, SGOT 18 and SGPT 26.

#

• The urine routine and serum bilirubin seems to be within normal limits. However, there are a few pus cells.
  • You must take plenty of fluids. Also, start with Citro-Soda sachet (urine alkalizer) twice daily in a glass of water.
  • Take urine culture and other tests which were prescribed and share the reports.

Revert back with the reports to a forensic medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/forensic-medicine-physician

|