Q. What can cause yellow colored urine?

Dr. Sugandh Garg
Published on Apr 24, 2016

My urine is yellow in color for the last two months. One week back, I had blood test, urinalysis and LFTs. All the reports were normal. What is the reason for the yellow color of my urine?

Dr. Sugandh Garg

Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine Toxicology
#

High colored urine can be because of various reasons.

Drinking less water in the hot weather can also cause high colored urine.

• Are you taking any medication? Is there any burning sensation or itching in the area?
  • Please get ultrasound of whole abdomen specifically liver to rule out any liver pancreas related abnormality.
  • Please get complete hemogram and rule out any infection. Kindly attach the reports to guide you more detaily.
  • Are you taking alcohol on regular basis?

Revert back with the answers to a forensic medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/forensic-medicine-physician

The microscopic examination result is as follows. RBC nil, pus cells 2-4/HPF, EP cells 1-2/HPF, casts nil, crystals nil, organisms nil. LTF details are as follows: Total bilirubin 0.9 mg/dL up 1.0, SGOT 18 and SGPT 26.

Dr. Sugandh Garg

#

• The urine routine and serum bilirubin seems to be within normal limits. However, there are a few pus cells.
  • You must take plenty of fluids. Also, start with Citro-Soda sachet (urine alkalizer) twice daily in a glass of water.
  • Take urine culture and other tests which were prescribed and share the reports.

Revert back with the reports to a forensic medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/forensic-medicine-physician

What is the permanent solution for testicular pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a mild pain in the right testis since two months. The USG report showed slight thickening of the spermatic cord. Now, after 10 days of antibiotic courses referred by the physician, then the condition is better. But when I lift some weight or drive a car, then the pain starts again...  Read Full >>

Dr. Devendra
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. A minimally thickened cord is of questionable importance. Please get your urine analysis also. Idiopathic orchialgia is very common in young people. I suggest you wear scrotal support. The testes carry a spiral muscle called cremaster with them while coming out of the abd...  Read Full

Why is there a persistent low-grade fever in a 54-year-old female?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is 54 years old and is facing persistent low-grade fever. She had it for almost a year and nothing was diagnosed from the tests and then suddenly it got fine. Now again she got a fever from some stomach infection and it has been 15 days that the fever is there between 99 to ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Koushik Mukherjee

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Did your mother undergo urine culture sensitivity? Because many of the postmenopausal or perimenopausal women suffer from urinary tract infection that is chronic and drug-resistant due to urinary leak and urinary urgency. Low-grade fever can also be there due to chro...  Read Full

Please suggest medicines for parameters out of range in the blood test.

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is 36 years old. In one of her routine blood tests, we found a few anomalies. The report is attached. Please let me know your thoughts on the parameters that are out of range in the report and suggest medicines.  Read Full >>

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have checked the attached photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Firstly, urine analysis shows pus cells which points to urinary tract infection. Please let me know if she has any painful urination or frequency. Secondly, the CBC (complete blood...  Read Full

Ask a Forensic Medicine Physician Now