Q. From yesterday I have a problem while peeing. Please help.

Dr. Sandip Dinkar Sanap
Published on May 02, 2017

I am an 18 year old male, and I have a problem while peeing from yesterday. It feels heavy under my stomach, just below my penis. Every time I try to pee, I cannot, and I have to push in order to do so. I drank an entire bottle of water today. Normally, I would be able to pee after an hour or two, but not today.

Dr. Sandip Dinkar Sanap

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

• Difficulty in urination in a young individual is generally obstruction at bladder neck due to infection of the urinary bladder, prostate inflammation or muscle spasms.
  • A final diagnosis can be made on thorough examination, blood, and ultrasound examination. Blood tests for kidney function may reveal renal function impairment like increased creatinine and urea.
  • Blood cell count may show an increase in white blood cells because of the infection. Urine examination in case of an infection shows white pus cells, casts, and sometimes red blood cells in urine and increased proteins.
  • I suggest you do the following investigations.
  1. Complete blood count.
  2. Urine- routine, and microscopy.
  3. Ultrasound KUB (kidney, ureter, and bladder).
  4. Renal function tests.
  • Differential diagnosis is as follows.
  1. Calculus in the urinary bladder.
  2. Bladder neck spasm.
  3. Bladder infection.
  4. Prostate hypertrophy.
  • Ultrasound can diagnose any bladder pathology or prostate enlargement. A stone in the urine pathway can also be diagnosed by ultrasound. Some more information from you can help in getting an accurate diagnosis.
  1. Is there any associated pain while passing urine? If yes, then where is it located?
  2. Is there any blood in urine? Have you had any such events in the past?

Please reply if possible.

Revert with more information to a general practitioner online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner

What could be the reason for constant feeling of nausea and abdominal pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 20 year old female. My height is 5'1", and weight is 120 lbs. I have been getting a constant feel of nausea for over a year along with abdomen, chest and back pain. The chest pain is sharp in the place of the heart. The back pain is right down the middle of my back, starting at my ...  Read Full »

My daughter has cough. Shall I give her Dexona?

Query: Hello doctor, My 5 year old daughter is suffering from a cough and mild fever for the last four days. Doctor prescribed with LCF Syrup and Azithral Syrup, but she is still coughing. Today, when she was sleeping, we heard cracking and wheezing sound and difficulty in breathing. Shall I give her Dexon...  Read Full »

From the attached reports, please tell me the reason for frequent urination.

Query: Hello doctor, From the past few days, I have frequent urination. I am attaching all the test reports that I have done so far. I also got an x-ray and CT scan of the chest, but as I am out, I cannot upload them now. I will upload them later if you need it.  Read Full »

Ask a General Practitioner Now