iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersGeneral Practitionerrenal calculiI have problem while peeing from yesterday. How to manage it?

From yesterday I have a problem while peeing. Please help.

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At May 2, 2017
Reviewed AtJune 20, 2023

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

I am an 18 year old male, and I have a problem while peeing from yesterday. It feels heavy under my stomach, just below my penis. Every time I try to pee, I cannot, and I have to push in order to do so. I drank an entire bottle of water today. Normally, I would be able to pee after an hour or two, but not today.


Welcome to icliniq.com.

Difficulty in urination in a young individual is generally obstruction at bladder neck due to infection of the urinary bladder, prostate inflammation or muscle spasms. A final diagnosis can be made on thorough examination, blood, and ultrasound examination. Blood tests for kidney function may reveal renal function impairment like increased creatinine and urea. Blood cell count may show an increase in white blood cells because of the infection. Urine examination in case of an infection shows white pus cells, casts, and sometimes red blood cells in urine and increased proteins. I suggest you do the following investigations :Complete blood count, urine- routine, and microscopy, ultrasound KUB (kidney, ureter, and bladder), renal function tests. Differential diagnosis is as follows: Calculus in the urinary bladder, bladder neck spasm, bladder infection, prostate hypertrophy. Ultrasound can diagnose any bladder pathology or prostate enlargement. A stone in the urine pathway can also be diagnosed by ultrasound. Some more information from you can help in getting an accurate diagnosis. Is there any associated pain while passing urine? If yes, then where is it located? Is there any blood in urine? Have you had any such events in the past? Please reply if possible. Thank you and take care. Regards.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Sanap Sandip Dinkar
Dr. Sanap Sandip Dinkar

Family Physician

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

General Practitioner

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy