Q. The shape of my freckle worries me. Please have a look at it.

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

I would like you to look at a freckle (I do not know if it is a mole) that is on my upper thigh. I have had this for many years and it is completely flat. I have not noticed any changes and I have no other symptoms. It was just the shape that I was a bit concerned about. It measures 5 mm by 3 mm.

#

I have gone through your images (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• The lesion appears more like a nevus (mole). It appears totally benign. I do not find any atypical features in it as of now.
  • You could relax as the lesion does not have any danger signs.
  • However, you should monitor it once every six months for any increase in size, changes in shape, itching, and erosions.
  • Serial photographs of the lesion could help in the long term.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|