Q. Are night sweats and chills symptoms of PMS?

Published on Oct 30, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

My period typically lasts for 6-7 days and comes on time according to my period calculation for the past two years. It starts out with two to three days of somewhat heavy period then the rest of it is light spotting with no pain throughout the entire period. Maybe the first day might have minimal pain, but that rarely happens. I have never had irregular period or any odd menstruation issues. Three months back I got night sweat or chills for the first two nights of my period and it went away. Last month, during my periods again I had night sweats and chills for the first two nights. Before three months, I felt like my PMS body heat was increasingly hot. Three months ago my period was two days late and last month it was two days early. About myself: I am a single 27 year old, goes to the gym two to three times per week. I eat relatively healthy with minimal sugar intake and no soda or fast food. I get 6-7 hours of sleep per night. The only issue I have is mild lactose intolerance and acne where I have been using topical acne treatment (Aczone and Onexton gel). I used to take sleep aids over-the-counter for nights where I went to gym late. I normally have warm temperature. I was wondering if there is any concern for my night sweats and chills at night for the first two nights of my period for the past three months and increased PMS body heat. Please help.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Chills and night sweats are actually unusual symptoms of PMS (premenstrual syndrome).

They have been seen in some women who experience a sudden Progesterone withdrawal as compared to a gradual one, leading to heavier first two days of menses possibly with clots.

Some element is contributed by the heaviness of blood flow as well due to sudden decrease in blood volume which gets controlled over next few days.

So, the best treatment shall be to keep yourself well hydrated during these days.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

What is the solution for PMS and painful period?

Query: Hi doctor, I am asking you on behalf of my friend. Here are the symptoms, which she had around three to seven days before bleeding. All symptoms of PMS along with occasional migraine with glaucoma, nausea, pain in the lower part of spine and cramps. On the first day of bleeding, she is having pain...  Read Full »

Does taking Krimson cause heavy bleeding?

Query: Hello doctor,I have PCOS and I visited a dermatologist for acne and hirsutism profile. She suggested me Krimson 35 for 21 days and Aldactone 50 for three months. I am on my fourth day of my periods and my bleeding had reduced but when I consumed Krimson 35 before going to sleep my bleeding increased...  Read Full »