Nightmares

How to overcome insomnia due to PTSD?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from extreme insomnia due to PTSD, which includes very intense nightmares. I also have depression. I need help and sleep. I am attaching my records. Kindly help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The image that you have attached is significantly cropped out (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity), and I am unable to see any medicines that you are currently on. The drug most helpful for insomnia in PTSD (posttraumatic stress disorder) is Prazos...  Read Full »

I am having nightmares at night. How to stop having it?

Query: Hi doctor, I have nightmares in the night. How can you help me not have them?  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.Nightmare in adults can be due to various reasons. The most common of them being not having a good sleep.Practice sleep hygiene such as sleeping and waking up at the regular time, avoiding caffeinated drinks for at least 8 hours before sleep, avoid using television, mobi...  Read Full »

I am getting nightmares about a guy I am having crush. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,I had been crushing on a guy for nine years now, and he did not know about it till for the last month when I confessed. He told me that I have to forget about him because we will never be together. So I tried to forget him by trying other hobbies that can distract me and with the help o...  Read Full »

Dr. K V Anand

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Dreams do not have any relations with the future. Or at least there is no evidence for that as of now. But dreams have always related to your unconscious or conscious mind. If something troubles your mind, it could manifest as dreams. That dreams may not be having th...  Read Full »

Why am I having vivid dream where my beat friend is abandoning me?

Query: Hello doctor, I do not have a health issue but lately, I keep having an intensely vivid dream that an old best friend from high school or college abandons me right when everything gets crazy and I have people trying to hurt me. It is always in the manner of my phone will not connect with him or som...  Read Full »

Dr. K V Anand

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Dream interpretation is not a reliable science branch yet. Many types of research have been done on dream interpretation but there are no conclusions yet as to what suggests what. Some researchers say dreams have no purpose or meaning and are nonsensical activities of t...  Read Full »

I dream about the same guy every night from two years. I am scared. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have been having a dream about a guy since two years. Every day it is the same. I wake up in the middle of the night even before I can see his face and am unable to fall asleep after that. I am scared, but do not know where to go or ask for help. No one will understand me if I tell ...  Read Full »

Dr. Awadhesh P Singh Solanki

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are having bad dreams also known as nightmares. It is a type of sleep disorder which is treatable. Maintain proper sleep hygiene, that is, maintain a proper routine. Drink plenty of water. Do exercise in the morning. Avoid coffee or tea in the evening and b...  Read Full »

What is causing my brother's arachnoid cyst and epilepsy?

Query: Hello doctor,My 30 year old brother has an arachnoid cyst displacing his hypoglossal nerve. He has no tongue problems, but he has epilepsy since the last 10 years. If I send over his MRI report, can you tell me what causes his epilepsy? Thank you in advance for your time. Due to his new medicine Epi...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and reviewed the attached MRI report. As per the available MRI report, it appears that your brother suffered some ischemic (blood circulation related) damage during his early part of life, especially around his birth. It is possible that the same dam...  Read Full »