Q. I dream about the same guy every night from two years. I am scared. Please help.

Dr. Awadhesh P Singh Solanki
Published on Aug 26, 2018

I have been having a dream about a guy since two years. Every day it is the same. I wake up in the middle of the night even before I can see his face and am unable to fall asleep after that. I am scared, but do not know where to go or ask for help. No one will understand me if I tell them about this. Please help me.

#

You are having bad dreams also known as nightmares. It is a type of sleep disorder which is treatable.

Maintain proper sleep hygiene, that is, maintain a proper routine.

1. Drink plenty of water.
  2. Do exercise in the morning.
  3. Avoid coffee or tea in the evening and before sleep.
  4. Avoid morning and afternoon naps.
  5. Read books before sleep.

If you still having the same problem, you can take tablet Zolpidem after consulting a psychiatrist.

For more information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

| 

Can Practin tablet be used to gain weight?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23 year old female. My height is 5 feet 3 inches and I weigh 41 kg. I need to put on weight. I have fast metabolism. Can I take Practin and Decdan tablets? It is suggested by one of my friend. Thank you.  Read Full »

Could my insomnia be due to increase in Zoloft dosage?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been taking 100 mg of Zoloft for a number of years. On 14th, my doctor added another 50 mg which I take at bedtime. For the past few days, I have been experiencing severe insomnia and can rarely sleep for more than an hour at a time. In addition, I have begun taking 25 mg of Se...  Read Full »

I am developing withdrawal symptoms of Paroxetine. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old male, and I am a doctor. From the past year, I have been suffering from delayed onset sleep disorder, I sleep at 4 AM and wake up after noon. I saw a psychiatrist, and he put me on Melatonin, Modafinil, and Zolfresh. But I am still unable to sleep at the desired time, a...  Read Full »