Q. Will taking Sysron NCR prevent pregnancy?

Dr. Sabita Laskar
Published on May 07, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am 36 years old. I am taking Sysron NCR 10 mg for heavy bleeding. I had unprotected sex on the 12th day of my periods. How to prevent my pregnancy?

Dr. Sabita Laskar

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• Sysron NCR (Norethisterone) is basically a hormone which is used to control heavy bleeding during periods.
  • I am afraid that Sysron NCR does not have any contraceptive action in it.
  • You must take precautions to not get pregnant during its use. Your partner can use barrier methods like condoms.
  • You can also try oral contraceptive pills which will also bring down the flow during your period. It will act in two ways.
  1. Contraception
  2. Regularizing your cycle and bringing down flow.
  • You must take doctor's advise before starting any new drug.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Can I start Unwanted 21 after my periods?

Query: Hello doctor, Can I start Unwanted 21 after my periods? Four days back was my last day of period. My period cycle is usually for five to six days. Please suggest as I want to start my oral contraceptive.  Read Full »

I got my periods for the second time in ten days. Is it due to I-pill?

Query: Hello doctor, I got my periods today for the second time in 10 days. The last time I got it, there was less flow comparatively. On 30th, I had unprotected sex and had an I-pill immediately. Can you please tell me if there is anything harmful?  Read Full »

Is it safe to take oral contraceptive pill?

Query: Hi doctor, My girlfriend had irregular periods and USG pelvis showed PCOD. So, she is taking COCP. In spite of taking the drug properly, she missed her period this month. Is anything wrong with her? What to do now? Does she need to continue the drug? Or should she stop it? I heard that COCP may caus...  Read Full »