Q. My flaccid penis is less than 2 inches long, but my erect size is fine. Please advise.

Dr. Shahil Khant
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 19, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 12, 2019

My problem is, I guess, a silly problem, but one that has bothered me almost my entire adult life. I am a 35 year old and my flaccid penis, most of the time is less than 2 inches long. If I adjust it or wiggle it some, it will come out and be about 3 to 4 inches. But then, it will just retract back to about 1.5 inches. My erect length is fine. It almost gets to 6 inches, but the flaccid size really bothers me because it is uncomfortable for one, but I am also scared that that size is extremely small for a grown man. I would be extremely embarrassed if I ever had to be naked in front of anyone including a nurse or doctor. This is why I am trying online consultation instead of visiting a doctor in person.

#

Relax and do not worry.

• Please send images of your penis and pubic area so that I can suggest better.
  • Also, are you sexually active? Does your female partner complain about size?

Revert with more information to a urologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

Yes, I am sexually active and have never had complaints. I know my erect size is fine and have been told that it is very thick. My only problem is, when it is flaccid, it is extremely small in my opinion. I know it is not used for anything while flaccid, but it still bothers me. I know I am a little overweight, but I still had this issue when I was a lot smaller. I have never been around other nude males. So, I do not really know how 'small' I am, but from my research, I feel like it is extremely small. Could I have what is called a retracted penis?

#

I have seen the images sent by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• Your flaccid length is absolutely fine. Though it is slightly less, it is perfectly fine.
  • Because of slight obesity, there is suprapubic fat with conceals your penis. Yes, its called buried penis, but its mild and due to suprapubic fat. There is nothing to worry and nothing to do. Just try to reduce your weight and everything will be alright.

For more information consult a urologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

|