Q. My flaccid penis is less than 2 inches long, but my erect size is fine. Please advise.

Answered by
Dr. Shahil Khant
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
Published on Nov 19, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 12, 2019

Hello doctor,

My problem is, I guess, a silly problem, but one that has bothered me almost my entire adult life. I am a 35 year old and my flaccid penis, most of the time is less than 2 inches long. If I adjust it or wiggle it some, it will come out and be about 3 to 4 inches. But then, it will just retract back to about 1.5 inches. My erect length is fine. It almost gets to 6 inches, but the flaccid size really bothers me because it is uncomfortable for one, but I am also scared that that size is extremely small for a grown man. I would be extremely embarrassed if I ever had to be naked in front of anyone including a nurse or doctor. This is why I am trying online consultation instead of visiting a doctor in person.

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrology General Surgery Urology


Welcome to icliniq.com.

Relax and do not worry.

  • Please send images of your penis and pubic area so that I can suggest better.
  • Also, are you sexually active? Does your female partner complain about size?

Revert with more information to a urologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

Was this answer helpful?


Thank you doctor,

Yes, I am sexually active and have never had complaints. I know my erect size is fine and have been told that it is very thick. My only problem is, when it is flaccid, it is extremely small in my opinion. I know it is not used for anything while flaccid, but it still bothers me. I know I am a little overweight, but I still had this issue when I was a lot smaller. I have never been around other nude males. So, I do not really know how 'small' I am, but from my research, I feel like it is extremely small. Could I have what is called a retracted penis?

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrology General Surgery Urology


Welcome back to icliniq.com.

I have seen the images sent by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

  • Your flaccid length is absolutely fine. Though it is slightly less, it is perfectly fine.
  • Because of slight obesity, there is suprapubic fat with conceals your penis. Yes, its called buried penis, but its mild and due to suprapubic fat. There is nothing to worry and nothing to do. Just try to reduce your weight and everything will be alright.

For more information consult a urologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

Was this answer helpful?


Ask a QueryAsk a Query Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

How to reduce weight through yoga?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old obese boy. My weight is 110 kg and I feel myself unfit. I want to start practicing yoga for weight loss. But, I do not know anything about yoga. I want to know, how to meditate and relax our body and mind?  Read Full »

Can a vibrator damage and shrink my penis?

Query: Hello doctor,I used a vibrator on my penis for 30 to 40 minutes and the result is that the hardness of my penis is gone and the length reduced a lot. Now, I am unable to have sex with my partner. Can you tell me any medicine for recovering from this situation and make my penis as it was before?  Read Full »

Penis is small and thin. Are there any medicines or surgeries for growth of penis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27 year old unmarried male and my penis size is too small and thin. In the normal position, it is 3 inches, when it gets strong it is 4 inches. Are there any medicines or surgeries for the growth of penis? Also, my penis is not getting strong even when I am in sex mood. When I ...  Read Full »



Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Urologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.
Enter Your Health Query
You can upload files and images in the next step.



Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.