Q. My left leg goes numb when I stand. Please help.

Dr. Atul Prakash

My left leg is numb when I stand up and walk, and I feel like there is a bruise when I press it hard. There is also some pain in the knee when I bend it.

#

The information provided is very scanty, and it is rather difficult to give you any important advice.

• Please let me know the exact symptoms that you have had, and the duration, location and nature of the pain, relieving factors, and injury locally or to the back, as well as any treatment you have taken and the response.
  • Is there any weakness of the affected leg? Has the numbness come on gradually, and has it worsened or improved with time?
  • Do you smoke? Any current medications?

I need more details to be able to help you.

Revert with more information to an orthopaedician and traumatologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/orthopaedician-and-traumatologist

This has been going on for about a week. The numbness is restricted to the quad area. There is no weakness of the leg and the numbness has come on gradually. There is no pain, but it is annoying.

#

• If all the symptoms that you have are of a short duration and no weakness is present, then I feel we need to observe the numbness over the next few weeks and hopefully it will recede.
  • Have you worn any new belts tightly or have you done any work with prolonged sitting? I ask because the symptoms that you describe fit into a condition called meralgia paresthetica, where a nerve gets pinched in the groin fold, and one can get numbness in hand in pocket distribution on the thigh.

For further queries contact an orthopaedician and traumatologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/orthopaedician-and-traumatologist

|