Q. I have lower back pain and numbness of feet. Please help.

I have had lower back pain since the last one year. I got an MRI done and it is attached below. I saw a radiologist and he did not advise me much. I have a sitting job. Will running be beneficial in this situation? Do I need to take analgesics? I cannot sleep at night because of the numbness I get in my feet, and if I do sleep, sometimes I wake up because of it.

#

I read your query and understand your concerns about an ongoing lower back ache. I have seen the reports that you had attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• There is a compression of the L4 nerve, which is responsible for the numbness and difficulty in sleeping.  In my opinion, you need to contact a physiotherapist without further delay. As it is a minor bulging, there is a good possibility that physiotherapy will help stop the progress of the disease.
  • I also feel that it is the right time to straighten your back adequately. Since you have a sitting job, I feel that there must be enough involvement in either sports or exercise. The right exercise will help you in managing the symptoms. Even running or fast walking is a good option for exercise.
  • Regarding analgesics, take them on a need basis. It is ideal to take Paracetamol as it is one of the safest options. In case paracetamol alone does not help you, Ibuprofen can be another option.

I hope this helps you. Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions.

For more information consult a neurologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist

|