Q. What is the reason for constant numbness in calf muscles?

Dr. Atul Prakash

I have a constant numbness in my left calf for over two months. I have almost zero feeling when touched, pinched, burned and poked. It does not cause me any pain whatsoever apart from irregular shooting pain when crouching. I cannot find any information on this symptom.

#

Which part of the calf is the numbness situated? Back or the front? Injury to the tibial sensory portion of the sciatic nerve can lead to numbness in the back of the calf while the injury to the common peroneal portion will lead to numbness to the front and side in the leg. From your description of numbness following crouching will be more likely to result in the involvement of the tibial portion of the sciatic nerve. Very uncommon but by no means impossible for the sensory branches to be trapped at a fibrous arch or injured following a direct trauma. It needs clinical exam to ascertain the exact cause.

|