Q. I am obsessed with HIV thoughts. Please help to get rid of it.

Dr. Nasir

I am suffering from depression and obsessed with HIV. I have had an instant test for all STIs, and all come back negative now, and a thought came to my mind that you can get HIV from a vaccine that uses dead fetuses lung tissue, for example, the COVID-19 vaccine. I know you cannot transmit HIV in this manner. Maybe hearing from a doctor will ease this crazy thought. Please help.

#

First of all, let me tell you that HIV does not transmit in the way that you are thinking. You obviously must have read about it. I understand what you are saying. Sometimes, if we keep thinking about something or are obsessed with something, we tend to correlate everything that happens in our life with that entity.

Like if I keep thinking that I do not read well or study well, my confidence goes down, and I do not perform well, not because I do not study well but because I am not confident enough. We should train our minds to do our bidding. We should try to keep what we think in check. You might say it is not possible, but with training, it is. And to top it all, your tests are negative, which is conclusive proof.

Try doing meditation or read up on something that eases your mind. Try getting into some sports. It will settle on its own.

Excessive thinking.

Further counseling will be done if required. Please feel free to contact me anytime.

|