Q. Why do I get uneasy if I see something that is not clean?

Dr. Ajay Singh

Whenever I see something dirty, it just stays in my mind. And if I see something that is not so clean, I get uneasy to the extent that it just replays in my mind. I really do not understand why this happens to me.

#

• From the symptoms that you have described, it seems that you may be suffering from OCD or obsessive compulsive disorder. It is the fourth most common psychiatric disorder and usually occurs between 19 to 25 years of age.
  • In this illness, the patient continuously reports of having thoughts or images which are the patients own, unpleasantly repetitive and the patient is unable to get rid of them despite his or her best attempts.
  • The most common themes are that of contamination, sexual, or doing things in a particular manner or order.
  • If you feel that these thoughts are hampering your day to day functioning, then you may be suffering from OCD.
  • It is treatable and can be treated with the help of medications and psychotherapy. For further details and treatment, you can book for an online therapy.

Hope this helps.

For more information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

|