iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersDermatologyoily faceHow can I get a fairer complexion?

I have oily skin with dark complexion. How can I treat it?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At January 17, 2016
Reviewed AtAugust 1, 2023

Patient's Query

My skin is a bit oily and I had a really fair complexion but nowadays it has become dark. So please tell me a solution to get fairer complexion.

You can do the following for tanning. Use a very good sunscreen. The proper method of using sunscreen is to use a sun protection cream. Sunscreen or sunblock with SPF of at least 30+ daily. If you are going to be outdoors for a long time you can use SPF of 50+. The sunscreen has to be applied every 3 to 4 hours, as the protection only lasts for 3 to 4 hours. The sunscreen has to be applied liberally onto areas of exposure from face, ears, and neck to arms and feet. Apply the sun protection at least 20 minutes before stepping out. Time is required for the absorption of the sun protection cream or lotion. The sun protection cream is the last layer to be applied. All other creams or lotions should be applied beneath this. You can apply a talcum powder over it if it appears too oily. There are many options available. Creams, lotions, gels. If you have oily skin, use a lighter formulation like lotion or gel, for normal to dry skin use a cream. You can also use an anti-tanning cream like BAN-A-TAN all over the face at night.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Naik Dessai Gauri Govind
Dr. Naik Dessai Gauri Govind

Dermatology

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:

dark complexionoily face

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Dermatology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy