Oligospermia

Why do I have a low sperm volume and count?

Query: Hello doctor, My sperm volume and count are less for the last six months; it ranges from 11 to 14 million per ml. Rest, all is normal. I do not smoke and do not drink alcohol. Necessary investigations like thyroid profile, FSH, LH, prolactin, and testosterone reports are attached for your reference...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the query. I went through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and seen the semen analysis report. It says oligospermia and the presence of leucocytes, which indicates infection. Your hormonal profile is standard, and there is no ...  Read Full »

How to increase sperm count?

Query: Hi doctor, My sperm count is low; it has dropped from 18 million to 3 million within a period of five months time. I have been diagnosed with bilateral varicocele. I have consulted three urologists. The first doctor advised me to go for ART (artificial reproductive technology) second one prescribed...  Read Full »

Dr. Gopinath

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After going through your report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I am aware that you are suffering from severe oligozoospermia (oligospermia). After four days of abstinence, please repeat the semen analysis. Even after repeating the tests, if the sperm...  Read Full »

Can I father a child with one testicle?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 31 years old. I have only one testicle by birth. Can I become a father? Please find my attached semen analysis report. I have few clarifications in my reports. My sperm count is 16 million/cumm, is it normal? I read on internet normal sperm count is above 20 million. My pus cell is ...  Read Full »

Dr. Gopinath

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Presence of one testis is sufficient to father a child. However, you have mild oligospermia (low sperm count). You can take tablet Oligocare twice a day for three months and repeat semen test after three months. Kindly get examined for locating the other testis. It needs ...  Read Full »

Is my report normal or is there oligospermia?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27-year-old male. Here is my semen analysis report: Abstinence before sample - 2 days. Semen volume - 2 ml. Sperm per ml - 29 million. Motility - 80 % and after 1 hour 70 % of A grade. Abnormal form - 10 %. Pus cell 4-2/hpf. pH - 9. Is my report normal or is there oligospermia?...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. First of all, at least three to five days of abstinence must be there to have proper results of semen analysis. I am of the belief that probably you could have better counts if it is done after proper abstinence. Now, reg...  Read Full »

Can you check my semen analysis report and help me out?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a total sperm count of 38.4. I am addicted to alcohol, and I took a drink four days ago. I am trying for a baby for two months. I have a history of seizure. I am taking Levera 500 mg, Oxetol 450 mg and Cloba 20 mg. Could I take Folic acid? Can you check my report and help me out...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and it is evident that your sperm count is low along with high abnormal forms as well. This is called oligoasthenozoospermia. You have to avoid alcohol completely if you wish to increase you...  Read Full »