Q. My husband's sperm count and concentration is low and the morphology is poor. What are our options?

I have PCOS, and I do not ovulate regularly, but otherwise, I am healthy and do not have any blockage. My husband has low sperm count (2.34 m/mL), low concentration (1.17 m/mL) and poor morphology (2%). What are our options? Could we try an IUI? Please help.

#

I understand your concern.

Your partner exhibits oligoasthenoteratozoospermia. The best option in your case, if you are in a hurry, would be an ovulation induction and ovum pick up followed by ICSI procedure (intracytoplasmic sperm injection) then followed by embryo transfer after PGS (preimplantation genetic studies).

IUI (intrauterine insemination) may not be successful now as the counts and motility are way too less. Or you may get your partner treated for the same first and then try ovulation induction and timed intercourse. The treatment results are seen after three months of regular oral medication.

|