Q. I have oligospermia with asthenozoospermia and leukospermia. Please help.

Answered by
Dr. Raveendran S. R
and medically reviewed by Dr. Chithranjali Ravichandran
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 05, 2021

Hello doctor,

I have oligospermia with asthenozoospermia and leukospermia.

Kindly help.



Welcome to

I can understand your concern. I checked your report (attachments removed to protect patient's identity).

You have oligozoospermia and asthenozoospermia. There are multiple causes for these issues. A low concentration oligozoospermia is the sperm count of less than 15 million/mL. It could be due to decreased production or obstruction or block in the passage.

The common cause are:

1) Varicocele: It is the swelling of veins in testicle and scrotum which could be diagnosed through ultrasound scrotum.

2) Infection: Sexually transmitted diseases or non sexually transmitted diseases causing epididymitis and orchitis. It could be diagnosed by ultrasound scrotum, urine complete and CBC (complete blood count) test.

3) Ejaculation problems namely retrograde ejaculation, lack of ejaculation due to diabetes, spinal injuries, and surgery of the bladder, prostate or urethra.

4) Anti-sperm antibodies.

5) Benign or malignant growth blocking the release of sperm.

6) Undescended testicles which are diagnosed through ultrasound scrotum.

7) Hormone imbalances.

8) Exposure to heavy metals or drugs, over heating of scrotum.

9) Alcohol and smoking.

10) Food habits like increased soy food and junk food.

For temporary solution, I suggest you to take tablet Carni-Q (Levocarnitine, Coenzyme, Zinc, Lycopene and Astaxanthin) twice daily after food.

I cannot see white blood cells evidently in your semen report. So, kindly share your full retort.


Sir thank you for your reply...I would like to add sperm count was 46%/ML one year back and 55% of motility ..but it gradually decreased and fluctuating...
# Hi Anand,
yes it can happen in infection too
so once infection settle down you can expect increase

Some common , non specific ways of Treatment :
1. Healthy food – High coloured fruits and vegetables , eggs , dark chocolate , walnuts.
2. Environment and work causing increase temperate in scrotum eg : long drive , use of laptop on lap
3. Wearing tight dress
4. Alcohol and smoking
5. Good sleep
6. Regular exercise
7. Avoid packed or frozen food

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
Which procedure should I undergo to increase sperm count?

Firstly, get a varicocelectomy (surgical treatment for male infertility) done and check for any rise in the sperm count ... Some of the factors to be taken into consideration are the period of ...   Read full

Dr.C Sharath Kumar

MBBS.,Ph.D (Male Infertility).,M.S   Read full

I have testicle pain and low sperm count.Kindly suggest siddha medicines.

.. not mentioned your age, marital status, body weight, occupation, how long the testis pain has been there and any swelling in testis. With the available information, the answer is as follows: If the orchitis (inflammation of testis) may be due t...   Read full


Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Relation Between Enamel Hypoplasia and Dental Caries
Enamel hypoplasia is due to incomplete or defective formation in the organic matrix, which forms the first layer of the ...  Read more»
Methods to Increase Breast Milk Production
Several measures can help mothers in increasing their breast milk production. Find out the correct way to breastfeed thr...  Read more»
Ingrown Hair: How Can You Prevent and Treat It
An ingrown hair is a hair strand that grows back into the skin after a clean shave or waxing. It appears as a raised dar...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Andrologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.