Q. I have oligospermia with asthenozoospermia and leukospermia. Please help.

Dr. Raveendran Sr
and medically reviewed by Dr. Chithranjali Ravichandran

I have oligospermia with asthenozoospermia and leukospermia.

Kindly help.

#

I can understand your concern. I checked your report (attachments removed to protect patient's identity).

You have oligozoospermia and asthenozoospermia. There are multiple causes for these issues. A low concentration oligozoospermia is the sperm count of less than 15 million/mL. It could be due to decreased production or obstruction or block in the passage.

The common cause are:

1) Varicocele: It is the swelling of veins in testicle and scrotum which could be diagnosed through ultrasound scrotum.

2) Infection: Sexually transmitted diseases or non sexually transmitted diseases causing epididymitis and orchitis. It could be diagnosed by ultrasound scrotum, urine complete and CBC (complete blood count) test.

3) Ejaculation problems namely retrograde ejaculation, lack of ejaculation due to diabetes, spinal injuries, and surgery of the bladder, prostate or urethra.

4) Anti-sperm antibodies.

5) Benign or malignant growth blocking the release of sperm.

6) Undescended testicles which are diagnosed through ultrasound scrotum.

7) Hormone imbalances.

8) Exposure to heavy metals or drugs, over heating of scrotum.

9) Alcohol and smoking.

10) Food habits like increased soy food and junk food.

For temporary solution, I suggest you to take tablet Carni-Q (Levocarnitine, Coenzyme, Zinc, Lycopene and Astaxanthin) twice daily after food.

I cannot see white blood cells evidently in your semen report. So, kindly share your full retort.

Sir thank you for your reply...I would like to add that..my sperm count was 46%/ML one year back and 55% of motility ..but it gradually decreased and fluctuating...
# Hi Anand,
yes it can happen in infection too
so once infection settle down you can expect increase

Some common , non specific ways of Treatment :
1. Healthy food – High coloured fruits and vegetables , eggs , dark chocolate , walnuts.
2. Environment and work causing increase temperate in scrotum eg : long drive , use of laptop on lap
3. Wearing tight dress
4. Alcohol and smoking
5. Good sleep
6. Regular exercise
7. Avoid packed or frozen food

|