Q. Can I take Fertilion-M and Addyzoa for my reduced sperm volume and count?

and medically reviewed by Dr. Preetha J

My sperm volume and count are less for the last six months; it ranges from 11 to 14 million per ml. Rest, all is normal. I do not smoke and do not drink alcohol. Necessary investigations like thyroid profile, FSH, LH, prolactin, and testosterone reports are attached for your reference. A local doctor recommended taking Fertilion-M twice a day and Addyzoa two capsules in the morning. Please advise should I take it or not. Please suggest me a good medicine which will work fast to cure my problem.

#

Thanks for the query.

I went through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and seen the semen analysis report. It says oligospermia and the presence of leucocytes, which indicates infection. Your hormonal profile is standard, and there is no apparent need for hormonal re-adjustment.

The most probable cause of a decrease in sperm count in your case can be occupational. Or if you are in the habit of working in warm environments, or if you wear tight undergarments, or if you happen to drive in a sitting position for more extended periods or when you have a sedentary job. The aim is to allow adequate aeration to the scrotal area to avoid an increase in local genital temperature, causing a decrease in sperm production.

Next, water intake is mandatory with about 3 to 4 liters per day, and considering the weather, five liters would be best per day to keep the local circulation healthy.

Ideally, a short course of antibiotics should be taken for two weeks to allow any sitting infection-causing sperm deaths to be treated and then followed with sperm energizers to potentiate the count and quality.

Please see the prescription as attached:-

Day 1 to day 14:

1. Tablet Doxycycline 100 mg twice daily for 14 days.

2. Tablet Ornidazole 500 mg twice daily for 14 days.

3. Tablet Pantop-40 (Pantoprazole and Domperidone) twice daily for 14 days.

From day 11 to day 40 (with an overlap of above medicines from day 11 is the first cycle).

4. Tablet Fertisure (Amino acids, Vitamins, Minerals, and Antioxidants) 1-M or Fertilion-M (multivitamins and multi-elements) twice daily for 30 days.

5. Tablet Clomiphene Citrate 50 mg once daily in the afternoon for 30 days (only 30 days).

6. Nurokind (Vitamin B12) gold satchel one packet in one glass of water daily for 30 days.

7. Tablet Vitamin D3 60K IU one tablet once in a week for four weeks.

Review after one month with follow up for second cycle medication.

Oligospermia (deficiency of sperm cells in the semen).

| 

Is surgery necessary in treating varicocele?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 35 year old male, who is suffering from infertility. I got married three years back, and we have tried to conceive ever since. Recently, I consulted a  urologist here, and he asked me to get a semen, Doppler scrotal, and thyroid tests done. I am attaching the reports. I took the ...  Read Full »

Can you check my semen analysis report and help me out?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a total sperm count of 38.4. I am addicted to alcohol, and I took a drink four days ago. I am trying for a baby for two months. I have a history of seizure. I am taking Levera 500 mg, Oxetol 450 mg and Cloba 20 mg. Could I take Folic acid? Can you check my report and help me out...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»

Ask a Family Physician Now