Q. Is it possible to correct my open bite and simultaneously retain the front teeth spacing?

Dr. Mayank Khandelwal

I have a moderate open bite that I would like to fix through braces or aligners. However, I would like to retain the gap (3 mm) between my front teeth. Would this be possible?

Please suggest to me, doctor,

#

Yes, treatment of open bite is possible with both aligners and braces. As you mentioned that it is about 3 mm, I would suggest you can try for aligners. If it had been severe, I would have suggested only braces and not aligners, as I feel it might not be that efficient.

Regarding your concern about the gap between front teeth, I assume you are talking about central lines or midline diastema. As we correct open bite, the existing spaces in your dentition tend to close and fill up the gap using those spaces. If there are no more spaces available apart from midline diastema, I doubt it would be possible to address both of your requests.

I would like to see your dentition status for a better and more specific response.

Thanks and regards.

Please share with me the below-mentioned photos.

1. Extraoral smile photo.

2. Extraoral profile photo.

3. Intraoral - frontal, lateral (right & left), and occlusal photos.

|