Q. What is your recommendation regarding the elastic position for braces in open bite?

Dr. Gaurav Pandey

At the moment, I have been wearing braces for roughly 2.5 years. I have an open bite on my left side that starts from the lateral incisor. I have been wearing my rubber bands as instructed. My appointment is until four weeks from now. Even though I should see my dentist for this, what is your recommendation for my elastics position?

#

As you told, you have wearing braces for 2.5 years and having a single open bite. As I can see in the attached picture, your elastics looking perfectly placed (attachment removed to protect patient identity). In orthodontic treatment, some cases took a too long time, and it depends on the nature of case and method used by the dentist.

You should make proper oral hygiene and follow the instructions given by orthodontist. Regularly go for a check-up as your dentist appointment. If any time there is some delay in follow-up, nothing about to worry. Make sure you see your dentist as soon as possible after your schedule appointment.

Malocclusion.

Unilateral open bite.

Orthodontic treatment.

Avoid sticky and hard food.

|