Q. What is your recommendation regarding the elastic position for braces in open bite?

Dr. Gaurav Pandey

At the moment, I have been wearing braces for roughly 2.5 years. I have an open bite on my left side that starts from the lateral incisor. I have been wearing my rubber bands as instructed. My appointment is until four weeks from now. Even though I should see my dentist for this, what is your recommendation for my elastics position?

#

As you told, you have wearing braces for 2.5 years and having a single open bite. As I can see in the attached picture, your elastics looking perfectly placed (attachment removed to protect patient identity). In orthodontic treatment, some cases took a too long time, and it depends on the nature of case and method used by the dentist.

You should make proper oral hygiene and follow the instructions given by orthodontist. Regularly go for a check-up as your dentist appointment. If any time there is some delay in follow-up, nothing about to worry. Make sure you see your dentist as soon as possible after your schedule appointment.

Malocclusion.

Unilateral open bite.

Orthodontic treatment.

Avoid sticky and hard food.

| 

My jaw has a bump, and my teeth seem to be shifting. Do I need jaw surgery to fix my open bite?

Query: Hello doctor,Back of my jaw has a bump, and my teeth seem to be shifting. Do I need jaw surgery to fix my open bite? Kindly advice.  Read Full »

I have started to get space between teeth after orthodontic treatment. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I had braces on my teeth when I was 15 years old. Now I am 24 and I can see a lot of gaps developing between my teeth. Should I put on braces again or is there any alternative option that I should choose?  Read Full »

How can slanting of teeth even after invisalign treatment be corrected?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been dealing with an uneven bite since my last invisalign treatment 4 to 5 years ago. My bite feels slanted and the right side of my teeth do not touch initially when biting down. Overall, my teeth look fine other than the slant in my bite. I was wondering how long would treatment...  Read Full »