Q. Kindly advice about the possibility sinus exposure on my X-ray taken to view third molar.

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on May 15, 2019

Please review the attached panoramic X-ray and advise of any health concerns. I have been advised to remove all four third molars. Is there a possibility of sinus exposure?

#

Yes, you have impacted molars (attachment removed to protect patient identity). One of the upper molars has proximity with sinus, but it will not cause any complication or sinus exposure. Sinus exposures are a complication to disimpaction, but it is not necessary to happen in your case. You need to go ahead and get them removed. The possibility is least as per the radiographic relation between the sinus and upper molars.

How to manage the swollen pocket behind molar with pus and blood?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a swollen pocket behind the molar. I have green pus and blood pouring out of it during sleeping.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have an abscess, and the cause could be either a cavity or gum problem or even impacted tooth or some other reason. It would be better if you send me the image to guide you properly. You can take Aceclofenac 100 mg twice daily after food (morning and night) for pai...  Read Full

How should I get the impacted upper canine pulled down to its position?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a confusion on pulling down an impacted left upper canine. One doctor said we can pull down left upper canine using bracket and braces other said no because roots are not yet formed.  Read Full >>

Dr. Prerna Jain
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Regarding the impacted left upper canine, I have looked at your CBCT and OPG (attachment removed to protect patient identity). A vital piece of information. The age of the patient is not available. However, according to the present data, the upper left canine is not com...  Read Full

How can we manage the pain during wisdom teeth eruption?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 18 years old. My wisdom teeth are erupting. I have pain in my back of the mouth on my gums. How long does it take for them to come out finally? And how can I deal with this pain? I was awake for three nights. It is keeping me awake at night. It is causing a lot of pain. Last time, I...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query. The time taken for the eruption of the wisdom tooth is not guaranteed. A clinical examination with an OPG X-ray is required to check the status and position of teeth. If it is found with enough space and aligned correctly, it will come ou...  Read Full