Q. Please suggest a treatment for oral thrush.

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 23, 2017 and last reviewed on: Feb 28, 2022

Can you look at the picture and tell me if I have an oral thrush?

#

• I have seen the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is a depapillation of the tongue.
  • As it is reddish, it seems to be a vitamin B complex deficiency. But, as the pictures are not in natural light, I cannot comment for sure. It can be an oral thrush (acute candidiasis) as well.
  • There is no need to worry. Please take the following medications for five days, and you will be fine.
  1. Tablet Ketoconazole 100 mg once a day for five days.
  2. Tablet vitamin B complex once a day for a month.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|