Q. I am unable to achieve orgasm because of masturbation. Why?

Dr. Raveendran Sr
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

The inability to achieve orgasm because of masturbation. I recently got married on before two months. I have been doing masturbation earlier, but now while having sex with my husband, I did not feel orgasm had done or not after he finishes then I had to do masturbation because I had not done.

Do you have a question on Orgasm or Masturbation?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Raveendran Sr

MBBS., MD., FSM
Andrology Diabetology Sexology

It is a small complication of female masturbation. Since you had the exposure to orgasm, you expect the same or more during sex with your partner. Medical fact vaginal penetration will not give female climax or orgasm, clitoral manipulation can. Talk to your partner, explain your needs directly or indirectly. Teach your partner how to give orgasm to you in an understandable way. Take your time, sex after female orgasm have good fertility rate.

I am unable to get an orgasm of late. What could be the reason?
Query: Hello doctor, I have been unable to achieve an orgasm lately. It started disappearing midway during sex with my husband. Now I just cannot get one at all. I have not been able to self-pleasure in years, and I have never been able to get an orgasm via oral sex. I have always had great sex with my hus...  Read Full >>
Dr. Aditya Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are probably suffering from female orgasmic disorder (FOD). Substance use can cause FOD. Certain medical conditions can also result in female sexual dysfunctions. Kindly get a blood panel done to rule out an organic cause. I suggest: Follicle stimulating hormone...  Read Full

How does clitoris help women orgasm?
Query: Hello doctor, I want to know a few things about the clitoris. 1. How does the clitoris work and how it helps women orgasm? 2. What kind of signals does it send to the brain? 3. What are the psychological effects it might have? 4. Why people tend to misunderstand the most about it?  Read Full >>
Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The clitoris is a substitute for the male organ in the female. It has some tissues similar to that of male organ but not that much active. It has receptors that can be stimulated by touch on having sex, especially at foreplay. During foreplay, these receptors when ge...  Read Full

Is Masturbation Cause Acne?
Query: Hi doctor, I am having serious acne problem for almost eight years. My age is 22. I observed that when I masturbate, they occur. I will not do masturbation daily or excess. I will masturbate only twice a month. Another thing is that even though I do not do, acne comes sometimes. My face becoming...  Read Full >>
Dr. Chaitra Prakash
Cosmetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Acne is an infection of oil secreting glands of the skin. There is no relation to masturbation. Creams like Mometasone are steroids, and they can aggravate acne. Moreover, they also cause serious side effects like facial hair, redness and fungal infection later. ...  Read Full

Ask a Doctor Now