Q. Is it possible to correct my farly placed lower jaw through braces?

Dr. Bhargav R Gutha

I am 18 years old with 82 kg weight, 175 cm height. I have a lower jaw that is too far back, is it possible for this to be corrected via braces over time? I have a feeling it might be a little bit too far back. However, I was wondering if it is an extreme case or more minor.

#

In your case, it looks like class III malocclusion with receded chin (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

Problems in your case,

1. Class III malocclusion as known from your description, clinically molar relation to be seen.

2. Receded chin.

3. Mouth breathing as described.

Possible treatment,

1. Class III malocclusion to be corrected for ideal overjet and ideal overbite along with midline matching and class I molar relation.

2. Receded chin to be corrected using a genioplasty surgical procedure.

3. Mouth breathing causes to be examined.

Thank you doctor, Can I correct without surgical procedure? I would prefer not to if I can.

#

Genioplasty is the regular procedure for the receded chin. In your case, it is suggested to bring back orthognathic and straight facial profile and to improve your appearance and look. Other things-class III and mouth breathing correction to be finalized clinically seeing intraorally or intraoral pictures-things to be corrected as already mentioned.

|