Malocclusion

My lower jaw is too far back, is it possible for this to be corrected through braces over time?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 18 years old with 82 kg weight, 175 cm height. I have a lower jaw that is too far back, is it possible for this to be corrected via braces over time? I have a feeling it might be a little bit too far back. However, I was wondering if it is an extreme case or more minor.   Read Full »

Dr. Bhargav R Gutha

Community Medicine Physician, Orthodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In your case, it looks like class III malocclusion with receded chin (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Problems in your case, 1. Class III malocclusion as known from your description, clinically molar relation to be seen. 2. Receded chin. 3. Mouth...  Read Full »

Are my upper lateral incisors abnormal?

Query: Hello doctor, I think my maxillary lateral incisors are not in perfect shape but my dentist thinks they are. I just need a second opinion.  Read Full »

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your maxillary lateral incisors are perfect in shape and place (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Only, maxillary left central incisor is a bit down from occlusion that only dentist or you can feel the difference. If your case is about to end, ask the denti...  Read Full »

What can be done to correct malaligned upper teeth with gaps?

Query: Hi doctor,My upper teeth are slightly malaligned and have gaps in them. I visited the dentist. After X-ray, he said braces will be used by the jaws and will be visible after that up to 3 mm.  Read Full »

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your age is ideal for orthodontic treatment. If you will delay further then treatment will take more time for completion so it is better to start with it sooner. If you will be having a gummy smile and 3 mm of gum line will be visible after treatment, that is fine too. ...  Read Full »

What can be done to permanently cure clicking of TMJ?

Query: Hello doctor, I have problems with my TMJ. When I wake up in the morning, I feel an annoying clicking in my TMJ. I do some exercise by opening and closing my jaw (while giving support to my chin with the thumb). It reduces that clicking to some extent but I want some permanent treatment. I do not f...  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through your question. I can understand your concern about your TMJ. There may be some cause associated with it, that means for a permanent solution you have to single out the cause and eliminate it. Some major causes are as follows: 1. Missing teeth, grossl...  Read Full »

Why am I having excessive saliva dripping from my mouth while waking up?

Query: Hi doctor, Every morning when I wake up my mouth is full of saliva and many days it comes out of my mouth while sleeping. And in the day, saliva comes to mouth every 2 to 3 minutes. The problem of morning saliva has been there for more than one year. I have to wake up every morning early because sa...  Read Full »

Dr. Shamaz Mohamed

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your complaint, I can provisionally diagnose you as suffering from hypersalivation or sialorrhea. There are various reasons for the same like food debris in the mouth during sleep, use of some drugs like cholinergic drugs, malaligned teeth, improper lip closure d...  Read Full »

How to maintain oral hygiene and save my remaining teeth?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a concerned individual with a history of poor oral hygiene. It got significantly improved during these few years. I have a broken tooth in the back left bottom. My front tooth appears green, and they are deeply separated. Is there any way available to save my tooth?  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The permanent solution for you is to put braces to correct the malocclusion of the teeth. So that proper cleaning can be done to have less plaque and calculus. If you cannot start braces presently, at least get your teeth cleaned by a dentist to remove all the calculus ...  Read Full »

Why do people fix midline misalignment of teeth?

Query: Hello doctor, Why do people fix midline misalignment of teeth (the middle of upper and lower teeth do not line up), apart from appearance as the factor? I had undergone treatment with wire braces and removed them off just yesterday. I noticed that I have a little midline misalignment even after tre...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com.  I have viewed the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Apart from esthetics there is no other need for the midline alignment of teeth. You can leave it as such if you do not have any functional abnormalities. If the lower front teeth are hi...  Read Full »

What can be the reason for my jaw pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I have jaw pain while clenching my jaw together and opening my mouth wide. It has pained only on the left side where my two jaw bones meet in the back of the mouth or jaw. I took Advil and the pain has reduced. May I know the reason for this? Please explain.  Read Full »

Dr. Prerna Jain

Dentist, Orthodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The pain you are experiencing may be because of soreness of your masticatory muscles, the muscles used during eating and chewing. Consult your dentist for a physical evaluation to eliminate malocclusion (imperfect positioning of tooth), tooth caries or abscess in the mou...  Read Full »

How to straighten teeth that are not in order?

Query: Hello doctor, My teeth are not in order. How to correct them?  Read Full »

Dr. Subha

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Improperly aligned teeth are said to be in malocclusion. They cause problems like difficulty in breathing, speaking, eating and might cause dental cavities also. So, orthodontic intervention is necessary. Depending upon the severity of the malocclusion, removable or fi...  Read Full »

Does crooked teeth and broken decayed tooth make extraction necessary for braces?

Query: Hello doctor, I have crooked teeth at front and tooth behind the crooked teeth was decayed and half broke in sideways. It was touching the crooked teeth in backward and my teeth in under jaws are somewhat misaligned. Do I need a tooth extraction for braces?  Read Full »

Dr. Soheel Hussain Zargar

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have crowded teeth and in medical terminology, it is called malocclusion.  Read Full »