Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

Will deep bite affect lower and upper jaw development?

Query: I am 23 years old male. I used to have normal dental bite,but, somehow i am having deep bite.( maybe, due to excessive grinding or weak gum) . I want some answers regarding deep bite. 1 ) Will deep bite affect my facial development? like lower and upper jaw development.. 2) Is having deep bite m...  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentist, Endodontist

Answer: Hello , Welcome to ICLINIQ This is your Dentist - I went through your query . Am very sorry for your inconvenience . As a Specialist am here to help you. Sir ,Deep bite is a malocclution in which the upper front teeth excessively overlap the bottom front teeth . Deep bite may impact the facial...  Read Full »

I have removed my brackets wire because it was poking. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My wire was poking out on one end and I attempted to put it back in place but it would not stay. I wanted to let it go until I could get it fixed by my orthodontist but it was scratching the inside of my cheek so I used tweezers and removed all the rubber bands from each individual br...  Read Full »

Dr. Disha Kandi Jain

Dentist, Orthodontist, Naturopathy Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to As per your description, you have removed wire from all brackets and now no wire is there. Ideally you should not do this. This may hamper your treatment progress. When your wire was disturbing you then you should have contacted your Orthodontist atleast by telephone...  Read Full »

Will no occlusion on one side cause jaw damage?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 71 years old and I am in the process of getting major work done throughout my mouth. At the moment, I have only three grinding teeth on my upper. Two on the left and one on the right (numbers 4, 12 and 13). 11 days ago, the dentist reinstalled the crown on number four, but when I...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam


Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have read through your complaint and the relevant details. Firstly, I would like to ask you for what reason was the crown was placed for tooth 4. And usually, when there is no occlusion on one side, you will get pain and soreness on the opposite side. If the occlusion...  Read Full »

My lower jaw is too far back, is it possible for this to be corrected through braces over time?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 18 years old with 82 kg weight, 175 cm height. I have a lower jaw that is too far back, is it possible for this to be corrected via braces over time? I have a feeling it might be a little bit too far back. However, I was wondering if it is an extreme case or more minor.   Read Full »

Dr. Bhargav R Gutha

Community Medicine Physician, Orthodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to In your case, it looks like class III malocclusion with receded chin (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Problems in your case, 1. Class III malocclusion as known from your description, clinically molar relation to be seen. 2. Receded chin. 3. Mouth...  Read Full »

Are my upper lateral incisors abnormal?

Query: Hello doctor, I think my maxillary lateral incisors are not in perfect shape but my dentist thinks they are. I just need a second opinion.  Read Full »

Dr. Tooba Qazi


Answer: Hi, Welcome to Your maxillary lateral incisors are perfect in shape and place (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Only, maxillary left central incisor is a bit down from occlusion that only dentist or you can feel the difference. If your case is about to end, ask the denti...  Read Full »

What can be done to correct malaligned upper teeth with gaps?

Query: Hi doctor,My upper teeth are slightly malaligned and have gaps in them. I visited the dentist. After X-ray, he said braces will be used by the jaws and will be visible after that up to 3 mm.  Read Full »

Dr. Tooba Qazi


Answer: Hi, Welcome to Your age is ideal for orthodontic treatment. If you will delay further then treatment will take more time for completion so it is better to start with it sooner. If you will be having a gummy smile and 3 mm of gum line will be visible after treatment, that is fine too. ...  Read Full »

What can be done to permanently cure clicking of TMJ?

Query: Hello doctor, I have problems with my TMJ. When I wake up in the morning, I feel an annoying clicking in my TMJ. I do some exercise by opening and closing my jaw (while giving support to my chin with the thumb). It reduces that clicking to some extent but I want some permanent treatment. I do not f...  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray


Answer: Hi, Welcome to I had gone through your question. I can understand your concern about your TMJ. There may be some cause associated with it, that means for a permanent solution you have to single out the cause and eliminate it. Some major causes are as follows: 1. Missing teeth, grossl...  Read Full »

Why am I having excessive saliva dripping from my mouth while waking up?

Query: Hi doctor, Every morning when I wake up my mouth is full of saliva and many days it comes out of my mouth while sleeping. And in the day, saliva comes to mouth every 2 to 3 minutes. The problem of morning saliva has been there for more than one year. I have to wake up every morning early because sa...  Read Full »

Dr. Shamaz Mohamed


Answer: Hi, Welcome to As per your complaint, I can provisionally diagnose you as suffering from hypersalivation or sialorrhea. There are various reasons for the same like food debris in the mouth during sleep, use of some drugs like cholinergic drugs, malaligned teeth, improper lip closure d...  Read Full »

How to maintain oral hygiene and save my remaining teeth?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a concerned individual with a history of poor oral hygiene. It got significantly improved during these few years. I have a broken tooth in the back left bottom. My front tooth appears green, and they are deeply separated. Is there any way available to save my tooth?  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to The permanent solution for you is to put braces to correct the malocclusion of the teeth. So that proper cleaning can be done to have less plaque and calculus. If you cannot start braces presently, at least get your teeth cleaned by a dentist to remove all the calculus ...  Read Full »

Why do people fix midline misalignment of teeth?

Query: Hello doctor, Why do people fix midline misalignment of teeth (the middle of upper and lower teeth do not line up), apart from appearance as the factor? I had undergone treatment with wire braces and removed them off just yesterday. I noticed that I have a little midline misalignment even after tre...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to  I have viewed the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Apart from esthetics there is no other need for the midline alignment of teeth. You can leave it as such if you do not have any functional abnormalities. If the lower front teeth are hi...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours
Chat with a Doctor

Chat with a Doctor

Starting @ just $29.99

Search for a Health Issue


Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.