Q. I am 22 weeks pregnant with 20 cm ovarian cyst. What can be done?

Dr. Uzma Arqam
Published on Aug 26, 2018

I am 22 weeks pregnant, and I have a 20 cm cyst on the right ovary. It has become big during pregnancy. Before pregnancy, it was 6 cm. I do not have any problem till now. I have done the tumor marker tests. Please advise. What can be done?

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Does it got increased from 6 cm to 20 cm in a few months? What does the tumor marker test report? Was the measurement appropriately done? Is this is a single cyst size? Is it a solid or fluid-filled cyst? A Dermoid cyst with multiple solid tissues could show torsion. Some fluid-filled cyst could rupture and spill inside the pelvis and can initiate infection too. You send me your complete scan report and your CA 125 (cancer antigen) report. Your family history, your gynecology, and obstetrics history are also needed.

Mostly corpus luteal cyst occurs in patients having a history of a polycystic ovary which is a common finding. But mostly it is found to be small and resolves by itself. Occasionally, big cysts can trigger miscarriage, infection, torsion or preterm labor. Investigations are also needed for large cysts. But it can cause preterm labor and perinatal death. Send me the scan report and the tumor marker report. So I can give you a treatment suggestion. In case of any pain, report immediately to a tertiary care hospital for an emergency.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

What are the treatment options for ovarian cysts?

Query: Hello doctor, I had cysts in both my ovaries. I had medications for a while, but I stopped using them. Since then, I have been vomiting almost everything I eat, and my stomach gets swollen all the time. I feel uncomfortable. I feel really sick every time I go to the restroom (almost every half hour...  Read Full »

My sister is suffering from severe vaginal pain. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I need an opinion regarding my elder sister. She is 52 years old. She is diabetic and is suffering from severe vaginal pain for the last few weeks. While collection of pap smear, the swab was bloody and it was very painful for her. She is currently using Candid cream and Candid V6 tablet ...  Read Full »