Q. I have really intense pain in the right lower side of my abdomen due to ovarian cyst. Please help.

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 10, 2015 and last reviewed on: Dec 19, 2018

I had cysts in both my ovaries. I had medications for a while, but I stopped using them. Since then, I have been vomiting almost everything I eat, and my stomach gets swollen all the time. I feel uncomfortable. I feel really sick every time I go to the restroom (almost every half hour). To be honest, I do not drink much water, and I do not eat well. I feel I lack nutrients and antioxidants. I also have really intense pain in the right lower side of my abdomen, and I also have pain during sexual intercourse.

#

Treatment of ovarian cysts depends on the size and type of the cysts and your age. If your age is less than 40 years and if the cyst is a simple one, it will resolve with medications. You can ask your doctor to prescribe some medicines to prevent acidity and vomiting and can continue your medicines (for cyst) along with them.

If the cyst is a complex one and causes too much pain (as you have described), it is better to consult your doctor for the removal of the cyst. Most of such cysts can be removed laparoscopically. Hope this helps you.

|