Q. I have really intense pain in the right lower side of my abdomen due to ovarian cyst. Please help.

Answered by
Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 10, 2015 and last reviewed on: Dec 19, 2018

Hello doctor,

I had cysts in both my ovaries. I had medications for a while, but I stopped using them. Since then, I have been vomiting almost everything I eat, and my stomach gets swollen all the time. I feel uncomfortable. I feel really sick every time I go to the restroom (almost every half hour). To be honest, I do not drink much water, and I do not eat well. I feel I lack nutrients and antioxidants. I also have really intense pain in the right lower side of my abdomen, and I also have pain during sexual intercourse.



Welcome to icliniq.com.

Treatment of ovarian cysts depends on the size and type of the cysts and your age. If your age is less than 40 years and if the cyst is a simple one, it will resolve with medications. You can ask your doctor to prescribe some medicines to prevent acidity and vomiting and can continue your medicines (for cyst) along with them.

If the cyst is a complex one and causes too much pain (as you have described), it is better to consult your doctor for the removal of the cyst. Most of such cysts can be removed laparoscopically. Hope this helps you.

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
I am trying to conceive for the last 6 months. Should I go for tubal laparoscopy?

My doctor said if I do not get pregnant this month, then I should go for tubal laparoscopy ... Should I go for tubal laparoscopy ...   Read full

Should I undergo a tubal laparoscopy or would a HSG suffice?

Thank you doctor, My doctor initially advised me to have a laparoscopy done but, I insisted for an HSG test first ... But, laparoscopy will give us an overall idea about the uterus, the tub...   Read full

Are there any medicines available to cure multiple cysts in ovary?

.. through your query. I am really sorry to know your niece is suffering from stomach and irregular cycles. I understand it can be a very annoying problem. By the ultrasound report that you have given here, it seems your niece has PCOS (polycystic ov...   Read full


This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

When do heterogeneous ovarian cysts occur, before or after ovulation?

Query: Hello doctor, I went to the ER a week ago for abdominal pain. A pregnancy test was performed and it was negative. An ultrasound scan was performed and they found two heterogeneous ovarian cysts, one on the right is 1.5 cm and the other on the left is 1.4 cm. There were multiple simple cysts. My endo...  Read Full »

Why is my stomach bloated after laparoscopy?

Query: Hi doctor,Five days ago, I had a laparoscopy. I am wondering when the bloated hard tummy will go away. I am worried that it has not subsided yet. Is this normal?  Read Full »

I am bleeding following the use of adult toy . Is that dur to injury or normal periods?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 21 years old, I take Iron supplements for low iron and low ferritin levels and was on contraception pill for six years since four months back. I used a sex toy (dildo) this morning which is slightly bigger than my partner. After, which I noticed a bit of blood on the toy and a sm...  Read Full »

Also Read

Parkinson's Disease: Historical Aspects and Current Treatment Approaches
This article discusses the historical aspects of Parkinsonism and, the evidence based approaches currently available for...  Read more»
I am suffering from dry and scaly scalp. Is that scalp psoriasis?
Hello doctor, I am suffering from dry, scaly patches on the scalp for the last six to eight months. Since childhood, I h...  Read more»
Birth Control Methods - Facts, and Types
Devices or treatments done to prevent unwanted pregnancy are called birth control methods.In this article, I am going to...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Obstetrician & Gynaecologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.