Q. I had my right ovary and tube removed due to a 4. 5 cm dermoid cyst. Was it the right call?

Answered by Dr. Parth R Goswami and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Ovarian Cysts or Ovarian Tumor? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: I had my right ovary and tube removed due to a 4. 5 cm dermoid cyst.  Was it the right call?

I am a 34 year old female, and I had my right ovary and tube removed during C-section, due to a 4.5 cm dermoid cyst. The cyst was found during an ultrasound scan, five years back. The surgeon said a cystectomy was no possible because the cyst had completely replaced the ovary. Could you please confirm if the attached histopathology report says anything about the ovarian tissue? I had no symptoms, no pain, no torsion, and the right ovary was functioning in spite of the cyst. I became pregnant twice due to ovulation from the right ovary. What is the medical condition due to which the entire ovary is replaced by a dermoid cyst? Thank you.