Dermoid Cyst

How can a 4 cm dermoid ovarian cyst be treated?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 34 year old female, and I had my right ovary and tube removed during C-section, due to a 4.5 cm dermoid cyst. The cyst was found during an ultrasound scan, five years back. The surgeon said a cystectomy was no possible because the cyst had completely replaced the ovary. Could you p...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Let me tell you, your right-sided cyst was having benign germ cell tumor that is a dermoid cyst, which is called as a mature cystic teratoma. Such a cyst is filled with cheesy mate...  Read Full »

Are fat deposits in ovaries something serious?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 54-year-old female. I bled a drop yesterday, so went to the gynecologist. She examined me and told me that I had cervical polyps. She also asked me to do a TVS. I did it today and she told me that there were fat deposits on my ovaries. What does it mean? Is it cancer? Please ex...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. No, it does not mean cancer. Normally, there is some fat deposition around the ovaries and it is normal to have. You please attach the report so that I can have look at technical terms used, other organs and specific diagnosis mentioned in the report. Otherwise, from...  Read Full »

Please interpret MRI taken for lower abdominal pain and gas problem.

Query: Hello doctor,I have left side lower abdominal pain and gas problem. I need a radiologist to interpret my MRI scan results. The laboratory tests performed was blood test in which CA 125 was elevated to 59.   Read Full »

Dr. Chitrangada

Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) pelvis reveals (attachment removed to protect patient identity) a well defined hypo-intense lesion in the right adnexa from which right ovary is seen separately, and is likely to be an endometrioma. It shows mild homogenous enhancem...  Read Full »