iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersCardiologyoverweightPlease suggest tips to reduce my overweight.

I am overweight for my age with high BP. Kindly suggest measures to reduce weight and BP.


The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

Dr. Vinodhini J.

Published At November 11, 2020
Reviewed AtJune 30, 2023

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

I am a 30 year old female overweight for my age because I am 147 pounds. I am currently experiencing high blood pressure and my BP is 140/100 mmHg. I just want to know what should I take?


Welcome to icliniq.com.

Measures to control BP (blood pressure). Avoid smoking and other addictions. Reduce salt intake in diet. Reduce fatty foods, junk foods, saturated fats. Avoid stress and anxiety. Do regular moderate intensity exercise such as brisk walk for 30 minutes. Have proper night sleep, atleast 8 hours per 24 hours including atleast 6 hours in night uninterrupted sleep. Reduce weight even if weight in within normal range. Drink plenty of water. Do deep breathing exercises and meditation. Measure BP while you are totally relax, sit for five minutes in quiet room without talking to any one. Empty bowel and bladder before checking BP. Avoid tea, coffee 30 minutes before checking bp. Sit on chair with feet on ground, back supported, hand supported on table, cuff at position of heart. Check BP and repeat after 5 minutes again. Then check BP in other arm and repeat after 5 minutes. During entire period remain relax and quiet. Arm with higher BP readings is your bp. You may take atleast 2 or more readings and average of readings is your actual BP.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq
Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq


Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy