Q. I am overweight for my age with high BP. Kindly suggest measures to reduce weight and BP.

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Hello im 30 years old female overweight for my age because im 67kg. I am currently experiencing high blood pressure my bp was 140/100. i just want to know what should i intake

#

Measures to control BP. Avoid smoking and other addictions. Reduce salt intake in diet. Reduce fatty foods, junk foods, saturated fats. Avoid stress and anxiety. Do regular moderate intensity exercise such as brisk walk for 30 minutes.

Have proper night sleep, atleast 8 hours per 24 hours including atleast 6 hours in night uninterrupted sleep. Reduce weight even if weight in within normal range. Drink plenty of water. Do deep breathing exercises and meditation.

Measure BP while you are totally relax, sit for five minutes in quiet room without talking to any one. Empty bowel and bladder before checking BP. Avoid tea, coffee 30 minutes before checking bp. Sit on chair with feet on ground, back supported, hand supported on table, cuff at position of heart. Check BP and repeat after 5 minutes again. Then check BP in other arm and repeat after 5 minutes. During entire period remain relax and quiet. Arm with higher BP readings is your bp. You may take atleast 2 or more readings and average of readings is your actual BP.

|