Q. What is the reason for period like cramps 12 days before period?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod
Published on Jul 28, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jun 20, 2019

I am 28 years old. Eight months ago, I got married. Now, I am trying to conceive. I am getting period like cramps 12 days before period, mainly on the right side of the lower abdomen. Pain ranges from mild to severe. My hormones are normal, but AMH is 7.01 ng/mL. My TVS before and after periods is normal. Please suggest what to do.

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

I do understand your concern and due respect for that.

• It is hardly 8 months that you are planning for pregnancy, which is really not very long time that you should think over so much.
  • I suggest you Folic acid tablets, once daily in the morning after food. This tablet will help you with fertility.
  • The period kind of pain you are telling is nothing but the ovulatory pain, which you are experiencing. It means that you are ovulating on the 12th day of your cycle.
  • Have a planned unprotected intercourse on every alternate day for 10 days from day 12 of your cycle.
  • Try this for a month or two. After which, we will get a semen analysis for your husband as well.
  • After intercourse stay on the bed for at least half an hour. Do not wash the area immediately after sex.
  • Do not use any vaginal douching or creams around your private parts.
  • Eat healthy food and practice healthy diet and personal hygiene. Do not keep worrying.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

Should I avoid folic acid during MTHFR pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 5 weeks pregnant and I have MTHFR and PAI mutations. My doctor recommended me to take Folic acid. I read it should be avoided during MTHFR pregnancies. Along with that I am on Prozac and Euthyrox. What do you think? What should I do? Please help.  Read Full »

Longer cycles and constant spotting. Should I be afraid that I am not fertile?

Query: Hi doctor, I am trying to conceive for the past six months. So, I keep tracking my period on my phone. My usual cycles were around 30 days. Before two months, my cycle lasted for 43 days and I thought I was pregnant. But, I was not and had a period that was heavy and passed several clots. After it ...  Read Full »

Pelvic Pain

Article Overview: The pain felt below the umbilicus and above the thigh is known as pelvic pain. It can be caused by a number of things, which ranges from being harmless to a medical emergency Read Article

Dr. Sneha Kannan

Pelvic Pain Overview The pain felt below the umbilicus and above the thigh is known as pelvic pain. It can be caused by a number of things, which ranges from being harmless to a medical emergency. There are a lot of organs in the pelvic region like bowel, bladder, ovaries, uterus, appendix, etc., s...  Read Article