Q. I need a treatment plan for hydronephrotic kidney with PUJ obstruction.

Dr. Shahil Khant
Published on Aug 31, 2017

My mother has a hydronephrotic kidney with PUJ obstruction. She also has a history of recurrent and severe UTI. I need an expert advice and treatment plan.

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrology General Surgery Urology
#

If possible, send all the reports with images. I need to know the severity of hydronephrosis.

• What is the present creatinine level? What is her age? Only after seeing the above reports, I can suggest a treatment plan.

She may require surgery.

For more information consult a urologist online -->https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

I wanted to conduct fresh tests for the severity of the hydronephrosis. And, I want to present all the reports to you at once. Could you please suggest me the exact tests that my mother will need to take. I will try to get all the reports within a week.

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrology General Surgery Urology
#

• Get the following tests done:
  1. CT urography. 
  2. Serum creatinine.
  3. CBC (complete blood count). 
  4. Serum electrolytes.
  5. Urine routine and culture sensitivity.
  • If required, do a DTPA (diethylenetriamine pentaacetate) renal scan but not now. Firstly, get the above tests done. Depending on those reports, we will decide about the DTPA scan.

For more information consult a urologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

What diet can be given to prevent dialysis and control creatinine level in a diabetic?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a male, 68 years old, diabetic, with chronic kidney disease, and creatinine level 5.96. What diet should be given to prevent dialysis and control creatinine level?  Read Full >>

Dr. Shazli Naseer
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Reviewing the laboratory results (attachment removed to protect patient identity), the patient has already developed significant damage, creatinine is too high and has already secondary hyperparathyroidism. Type 2 diabetes with renal complication. Dialysis is unavoidabl...  Read Full

From the attached reports, please tell me the reason for frequent urination.

Query: Hello doctor, From the past few days, I have frequent urination. I am attaching all the test reports that I have done so far. I also got an x-ray and CT scan of the chest, but as I am out, I cannot upload them now. I will upload them later if you need it.  Read Full >>

Dr. Krishna Somani
Nephrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Only the CBC (complete blood count) and HbA1c reports are available. Please send all reports that are relevant to your complaint. Revert with more information to a nephrologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/nephrologist  Read Full

Please suggest medicines for parameters out of range in the blood test.

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is 36 years old. In one of her routine blood tests, we found a few anomalies. The report is attached. Please let me know your thoughts on the parameters that are out of range in the report and suggest medicines.  Read Full >>

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have checked the attached photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Firstly, urine analysis shows pus cells which points to urinary tract infection. Please let me know if she has any painful urination or frequency. Secondly, the CBC (complete blood...  Read Full