Q. What is the reason for pain while passing urine?

Dr. Pooja Pardhi
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 02, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a 50 year old male. My weight is 84 kg and 5 feet 10 inches tall. I am experiencing pain while urinating in the outlet of the organ. This is the first time I am getting such a pain. Please help me.

#

I have gone through your case and can well understand your genuine health concern.

• Pain while passing urine can be due to a various number of reasons.
  • It can be due to urinary tract infection or stone in urethra or the bladder or urethral stricture (narrowing of the urethra) or due to any local pathology in the end portion of the urethra.
  • As you are having this pain for the first time, probably it could be urinary tract infection as urinary tract infection sometimes presents like painful urination at the initial stage.
  • Do you have any associated symptoms like fever, burning in the organ while passing urine? Are you drinking water in sufficient quantity? Because, sometimes intake of less water can also produce dehydration and pain while passing urine.
  • In my opinion you need proper evaluation. So, I suggest you to consult a surgeon in person.
  • You need to do complete blood count, urine routine examination and if necessary ultrasound of the abdomen and pelvis.
  • You should take plenty of water and urinary alkalizer syrup 2 teaspoon full mixed with a glass of water for pain relief.
  • Depending on urine routine examination you may need antibiotic course also.

1. Urinary tract infection.
2. Calculus in bladder or urethra.
3. Any local pathology in urethra.

1. Complete blood count.
2. Urine routine examination.
3. Ultrasound of abdomen and pelvis.

Revert back for follow up along with the investigation reports to an internal medicine physician online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|