Q. What causes pain and discomfort during sex?

Dr. Sonal Prasad
Published on Oct 06, 2019

I am 18 years old and I have been having sex with my fiance for three years. He is the one who took my virginity but almost every time we have sex there is this pain and discomfort feeling. And after it hurts to pee like a discomfort feeling and it gets easier throughout the day but the process starts over the next day and this lasts a couple of days but I also get shocking pains down there sometimes. I took 2 cranberry pills about an hour and a half ago. Could you help me?

Dr. Sonal Prasad

Childbirth Educator Lactation Counselor Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Your symptoms point towards UTI or vaginitis. To differentiate, you must undergo urine routine/microscopy, urine culture, and swab culture of vaginal secretion. For symptomatic relief, you need to drink lots of water (additional 3 to 4 litres/day) along with cranberry juice. Also, use a condom during sex and use a good lubricating jelly in abundance. Review with reports to help us prescribe with antibiotic best suited for you.

Urine routine/microscopy, urine culture, HVS.

Uti, vaginitis.

According to the reports.

84 year old feels pain in vagina on standing. Please advise.

Query: Dear doctor, My mother is 84 years old and when she walks or stands, she feels severe burning pain in her vagina. Can you please suggest a medicine?  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. She may be suffering from atrophic vaginitis along with a possible uterine descent which can exert pressure over the perineum while standing or walking and combined together can cause discomfort. Please take her to a gynecologist for a local examination and a high v...  Read Full

I feel pain during sex.I tried lubricants.But nothing works.

Query: Hello doctor, I feel pain during sex. It has been 5 months after my C-section. I tried lubricants during sex, like lube, vaseline and oil. But nothing works.The pain remains the same. Please suggest remedy for this issue of mine.  Read Full >>

Dr. Pankaj Mittal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.You have given very little information regarding your query as you have not mentioned your age, marital status, number of children, age when you got married, number of past surgeries (C-sections). Pain during sex has many causes. It may include past C-section also and ther...  Read Full

I have pain during sex at a particular spot inside vagina.Why?

Query: Hello doctor, Whenever my fiance has been having sex recently (the past few days) it has been painful. I can feel a certain spot on the right inside of my vagina that when he hits it while going in feels like a knife stabbing me in that spot. After he is fully in and going, it does not hurt. It is ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Eeshani Dutta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to iclinq.com. You seem to have Progesterone implant. There may be a slight change in the mucus quality due to these hormones, rendering it thicker, hence less lubricating. There may be a small crack or tear (due to sexual activity) due to inadequate lubrication. In my view, you should...  Read Full