Q. Following UTI, I am getting vaginal dryness and pain. How to treat this?

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 08, 2017 and last reviewed on: Nov 09, 2019

A few months ago, I was suffering from UTI and followed by vaginal dryness. Right now, I feel occasional sharp pain in my vagina, which subsides after a while. Also, I am getting pain during intercourse. I wanted to know the ways to treat this vaginal dryness. I had urine and culture test for UTI.

#

Pain can be due to cystitis or recurrence of UTI (urinary tract infection).

UTI will not cause vaginal dryness. It indicates inadequate exposure to estrogen (hormone), which can be due to many causes.

Regarding dryness and pain during intercourse, it can be reduced by increasing foreplay before intercourse which will increase lubrication.

If increasing foreplay alone does not help, then you can use any lubricant to help with pain during intercourse. You can use simple coconut oil as a lubricant too. It should reduce dryness and pain.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|