Q. Following UTI, I am getting vaginal dryness and pain. How to treat this?

A few months ago, I was suffering from UTI and followed by vaginal dryness. Right now, I feel occasional sharp pain in my vagina, which subsides after a while. Also, I am getting pain during intercourse. I wanted to know the ways to treat this vaginal dryness. I had urine and culture test for UTI.

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar
MBBS., MS (OBGY)., DNB (OBGY)., FNB (REPRODUCTIVE MEDICINE
Infertility, Obstetrics And Gynaecology

Pain can be due to cystitis or recurrence of UTI (urinary tract infection).

UTI will not cause vaginal dryness. It indicates inadequate exposure to estrogen (hormone), which can be due to many causes.

Regarding dryness and pain during intercourse, it can be reduced by increasing foreplay before intercourse which will increase lubrication.

If increasing foreplay alone does not help, then you can use any lubricant to help with pain during intercourse. You can use simple coconut oil as a lubricant too. It should reduce dryness and pain.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

How can I manage dry vagina and anxiety related to intercourse?
Query: Hello doctor, I have endometriosis and was under medication Endoreg 2 mg twice a day for 5 to 6 months. Since marriage, I have pain during intercourse, and anxiety related to that. I do breathing, and positive affirmation exercises to do it. Now, I want to plan a child, and the ovulation count is al...  Read Full »
Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Apply Lox 2 % jelly (Lidocaine) over penis of the male partner. It will provide lubrication for both of you, also will decrease the pain. It will not affect fertility. Use tablet Etirest (Etizolam) 0.5 mg at night (half an hour before intercourse). It will decrease anxi...  Read Full »

My sister is suffering from severe vaginal pain. What to do?
Query: Hi doctor, I need an opinion regarding my elder sister. She is 52 years old. She is diabetic and is suffering from severe vaginal pain for the last few weeks. While collection of pap smear, the swab was bloody and it was very painful for her. She is currently using Candid cream and Candid V6 tablet ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The reports of both pap smear and tumor markers are within normal limits and rules out any malignancy in terms of possible cervical cancer. However, the pain in vagina and blood tinge at her age, where she is likely menopausal, could be due to atrophic vaginitis. ...  Read Full »

Having backache badly and vagina smelly discharge. Can you suggest any treatments?
Query: Hi doctor,I am sexually active with one partner only. I am not well for the last 4 months. I am having bad backache and a smelly, white thick sometimes brown color vaginal discharge, lower abdomen pain and vaginal pain while urination. I have consulted my gynecologist and took proper medicine. Now a...  Read Full »
Dr. Yelamanchili Alekhya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) is the most common cause of infertility if not treated in early stages. Follow the instructions and antibiotics given by your doctor and have a scan done. So, that you will come to know the progress of the disease. Do not...  Read Full »

Should I take an emergency pill if I only had foreplay?
Query: Hello doctor, I had foreplay with my partner yesterday. We both were having some fun. He actually inserted a finger into my vagina though not deep. He was not sure if he had touched his precum or not. Also, his penis touched my vagina two to three times though he never inserted. Should I take an I-p...  Read Full »
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. It is highly unlikely that the insertion of the finger can result in pregnancy even if it was contaminated with precum because precum does not contain sperm. So, I do not think you need to take an emergency contraceptive pill. For more inform...  Read Full »

My erection does not last long. Is this due to fear?
Query: Hello doctor, I got married 2 days before. My penis got erected while doing foreplay. However, after some time penis gets loosen and become small. So, could not penetrate my penis. Is there any issue in my health? Or is this due to first time fear? How to approach this? Please advice.  Read Full »
Geriatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you got proper erection during foreplay and there is no history of difficulty in erection it was the result of performance anxiety. This generally occurs in first timers and especially in young age. I do not think you need to be concerned at this level as occasional...  Read Full »

Why do I have burning sensation in my vagina after sex?
Query: Hi doctor, I am currently pregnant and still used to have sex with my husband. After sex, there is a burning sensation in my vagina that last for minutes to hours. The thing is, it only happens after he ejaculates inside me. Please help.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for choosing this platform. There is a possibility that due to inadequate lubrication there occurs local vaginal abrasions. After ejaculation the abrasions in vagina start burning and itching till you clean yourself up. Secondly, there is a possibility of a lik...  Read Full »

Can scar reopening after surgery cause urinary problem in hypospadias patient?
My problem is erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation. Kindly help.
Is there any harm to 3 months old baby due to a mobile tower?