The full form of UTI is urinary tract infection. It is a bacterial infection of the urinary tract, which includes the urethra, ureters, kidneys, and bladder. The symptoms are burning or pain on urination, frequent urination, fever, chills, cloudy urine, blood in urine, constant urge to pee, and pelvic pain. Antibiotics like Amoxycillin, Norfloxacin, and Ceftriaxone are used in the treatment.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

Why do I get pain and bleeding after being fingered?

Query: Hello doctor, A few months now, I have been experiencing discomfort and bleeding after being fingered. It does not really happen during sexual intercourse though. I have an urge to urinate even after urinating. And it stings and the urine will sometimes come out at different random times. I have...  Read Full »

Dr. Ushasi Mukherjee

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Have you noticed the bleeding while you urinate also? Or else only after fingering? In view of your past episodes of UTI (urinary tract infection) it seems the same has recurred again as suggested by the pain after urinating. On top of that since women's urethral o...  Read Full »

What are the causes of urethral discomfort apart from UTI?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old female. I was previously diagnosed with UTI for three to four times in the last two years. Now, I have a frequently occurring problem of itching and burning in my urethra about three to four times in a month. It stays for around 4 to 5 hours and slowly goes off after ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, drinking 8 liters of water a day will harm your kidneys. Bring it down to not more than 3 liters per day. All burning sensation in urethra is not due to UTI (urinary tract infection). So, the next time when you develop urethral discomfort, please do a urine ...  Read Full »

I have burning sensation in lower abdomen with nausea. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a burning sensation in the left side lower abdomen (a bit underneath the navel) and nausea for 2 weeks.  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Medical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well to be very honest I am not convinced with the diagnosis of IBS. IBS does cause a significant pain which is obvious in nature and show characteristic spasm like pain, not the burning you you described. Pain of IBS however, do occur over lower part of the abdomen....  Read Full »

There are redness with ulceration near vagina in a baby. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My 4 years old daughter has redness around her vaginal wall. It looks as if it is an ulcer type or something. It hurts her a lot and frequent urination was there. We took her to pediatrician. He recommended us UTI course. Zocan and Trofan 2.5 mg was given. And Cadid V gel is given. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Atiqur Rahman Khan


Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I need more detail history from you, whether there is fever or burning micturation, or itching around vagina or any discharge from it. How is her behavior after these symptoms? As you have mentioned that there is 1 cut on vagina, how did this cut happen? Pain, burnin...  Read Full »

Is there any concern with one testis being longer than the other?

Query: Hello doctor, I have pain on both of my testicles but the pain is more focused on the left. I did blood and urinary tests, ultrasound and CT scan but all were negative. I do not have the pain in the same way it was but then I feel like it is a little longer than my right and also heavy. What c...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandip Pramanik


Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your queries. You have bilateral testicular pain, discomfort, and heaviness. And all investigations are within the normal limits. It would have been great if you had uploaded those reports. However, do not worry. If USG testis with Doppler study...  Read Full »

What does my blood test reports suggest?

Query: Hello ! Can you please review my blood test? My concern are low level of ferritin, high level of B12 and Urine WBC is very high.  Read Full »

Dr. Parth R Goswami

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Hematologist, Pathologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to the icliniq Following is my opinion for your asked question. The low ferritn , Low Mcv could be suggestive of early iron deficiency anemia. The common cause for high B12 include supplement intake , Liver disease or Kidney disease. Your liver & kidney profile reports are norm...  Read Full »

Can I start antibiotics before urine test for UTI?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 20 months old. He is suffering from UTI. Since yesterday, he cries while urinating in the morning. He has fever for two days and cough and running nose for five days. The general physician gave Cefpodoxime oral syrup, but urine test has to be done tomorrow morning only. Shoul...  Read Full »

Dr. Srinivas Gunda

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Crying while voiding urine and fever might be due to urinary tract infection (UTI). Urine routine and microscopy needs to be done for screening and if it suggests infection, then urine sample for culture and sensitivity needs to be given and oral antibiotics has to b...  Read Full »

Could insulin injection cause fever in diabetics?

Query: Hello doctor, Last month, my mother went to the hospital for diabetics, and her reading is 200 mg before having food, and after meal reading is 300. Doctor gave her 35 points of insulin. Again she took her sugar test yesterday, and her result is 180 (within normal levels). My mother suffering from...  Read Full »

Dr. Nadeem Abootty


Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history, I have noted that your mother was diagnosed with uncontrolled type 2 diabetes and was on insulin since one month. Now on review, yesterday it was found that it is under control with the present dose of insulin. Coming to your concern, insulin will no...  Read Full »

Can recurrent esophageal candidiasis be treated with Fluconazole?

Query: Hi doctor, I need some advice on behalf of my mother who is 67 years old. For the past 12 days my mother has been experiencing pain in the throat area, feels like something is stuck, vomiting mucous, weakness, body aches, white tongue, difficulty swallowing, and vomiting feeling while talking and ea...  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, your mother is suffering from 1. Hypothyroidism. 2. Oral candidiasis. 3. UTI (urinary tract infection). 4. Dysphagia. Oral candidiasis or oral thrush if not improved within five days after starting local antifungals then you may start oral antifungal medicatio...  Read Full »

Do symptoms like frequent urination and increased thirst rightly confirm diabetes?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having frequent urination and feeling extremely thirsty, especially during the night after dinner and before bed. While I am sleeping, I get up just once to urinate, sometimes not at all. Do you think I have diabetes? I got my blood sugar checked, and it came out as perfectly norma...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your history you have been suffering from frequent urination and feeling extremely thirsty especially during night after dinner and before bed. You have a family history of DM and you have a history of acid reflux and asth...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours
Chat with a Doctor

Chat with a Doctor

Starting @ just $29.99

Search for a Health Issue


Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.