Q. Why are there bleeding, pain, and discomfort during sex?

and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on May 10, 2019

I have been experiencing bleeding, pain, and discomfort during sex. It started about three weeks ago when my fiance and I had multiple sexes in a day for almost a week. At first, the bleeding was very little, only during intercourse, and stopped immediately after the intercourse. We had sex before three days, and the bleeding was minimal. But now the bleeding continues. I can tell that it is coming from my vagina wall (near the entrance) instead of the uterus.

Neither of us has STI or STD. I am on combination pill Rigevidon for almost a year. The pain goes away immediately after intercourse, and it is not that intense. What could be the problem? I also do not have a yeast infection.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

The most common cause of post-coital bleeding is either vaginal mucous frictional lesions, and the other is cervical erosions or cervicitis (lesions over the cervix which bleed due to frictional injury during intercourse). It is essential that you should get speculum examination, and pap smear done to check for cervicitis, and any vaginal mucous lesions if any.

Please avoid intercourse. If diagnosed then this may require a course of antibiotics for the next 10 days as would be advised by a gynecologist after evaluation. Please consult your gynecologist.

What causes bleeding after sex?

Query: Hi doctor, Last night I had sex with my wife. It was the last day of her periods. She bled light red color with some watery fluid in it. I would like to know, is that from menstruation or virginity defloration? Does she lose her virginity?  Read Full »

I have pain during sex at a particular spot inside vagina.Why?

Query: Hello doctor, Whenever my fiance has been having sex recently (the past few days) it has been painful. I can feel a certain spot on the right inside of my vagina that when he hits it while going in feels like a knife stabbing me in that spot. After he is fully in and going, it does not hurt. It is ...  Read Full »

I am having very little vaginal bleeding. Is it periods?

Query: Hello doctor, Actually, I was about to get my periods near 5th of this month but I got it six days back. The problem is that bleeding is very very little by little, I mean just a few drops without any pain or any blood clots. I am not sure it is my period or vaginal bleeding. As I am sexually activ...  Read Full »