Q. Why am I having pain from my breast to the armpit?

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

I am a 30 year old female, who weighs 130 lbs and 5.3 feet tall. For about 12 days, I have had consistent pain in the outer side of my breast up through my armpit. I have a tingling and slightly numb feeling in my left arm. I did not injure it, as far as I am aware. It started suddenly one morning. There is also a heaviness feeling in that whole area. When I look at the area, there is no physical change that I notice. I do not have lumps in breast or armpit that I could find.

#

I need to know few more details about your problem:

1. Was there fever before starting of pain?
  2. Any local redness or raised temperature above the area of pain?
  3. Any history of lifting heavy weight or doing excessive gym workout before starting of pain?
  4. In these 12 days, is there any improvement or is the pain same?
  5. Is pain intermittent or continuous?
  6. How can you grade your pain on a scale of 0 to 10?

Kindly get back with following answers, so that I can help you better.

Revert with more information to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Thank you for replying. There has been no redness or raised temperature. I do not really do any heavy lifting. I have a 2 year old son, and I carry him at times, but I never noticed that hurt or anything. It has not gotten better or worse, and the pain and tingling are constant. I would say the pain in breast and armpit is about a 6, but the tingling and slight numbness in the arm do not hurt, just uncomfortable. Thank you.

#

From the details that you said, the differential diagnosis would be:

1. Musculoskeletal pain.
  2. Local breast pathology.
  • Kindly consult a local physician for breast examination. We may need to perform an ultrasound of left breast, an EKG, and basic blood workup to look for the probable reason. I suggest applying topical analgesic gel or oral Acetaminophen and check for the response.
  1. The tingling sensation that you feel is all over the left arm or only near the breast and armpit area?
  2. Any history of neck pain?
  3. Is the pain radiating from neck to left arm?
  4. Any history of slippage of objects from left hand involuntarily?

Kindly review with further details, so that I can help you better.

| 

My EKG reports did not show CPVT. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I understand that a resting EKG cannot show catecholaminergic polymorphic ventricular tachycardia (CPVT). I had numerous EKGs and echoes and all were normal. I read that the stress test is the only way to diagnose CPVT. I have had major panic attacks during EKGs with heart rates up to 140...  Read Full »

Are there any permanent side-effects of Percoset?

Query: Hello doctor, If prescribed Percoset (5/325) and reversion back to regular Acetaminophen, is there even a slight chance that the oxy component of the Percoset could be triggered since Percoset side effects can be permanent even with one use?  Read Full »

What causes tingling feeling when urinating?

Query: Hello doctor, I suddenly feel a tingling sensation after urination and a slight prick sort of a thing. I visited a doctor for the same and had been diagnosed with a urine infection. I also have a constant urge to urinate. He gave a dose of antibiotics which I had to take for three da...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»