Pancreatic Tumour

What is the difference between a cystic structure and a cyst?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a CT scan of the abdomen and pelvis with IV contrast. The radiologist report is as follows. The findings are as follows. There is a 0.9 cm cystic structure in the uncinate process, which is new since the comparative examination with the last year scan report. This should be further...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. Cystic structure or cyst is the same thing. Actually cyst is completely surrounded by a wall while your radiologist might have seen a structure similar to cyst with ill-defined walls. Radiology is not the answer to your question. You will get your...  Read Full »

There is a pancreatic growth with nephrotic syndrome. Is the growth malignant?

Query: Hello doctor, I am super scared. I am 30 years old and have been in the hospital for nephrotic syndrome which was discovered to be membranous nephropathy. They tested my blood for many conditions which could be a secondary cause including hepatitis and autoimmune and nothing came up. Now, they are ...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajesh Gulati

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There can be many idiopathic causes of a nephrotic syndrome which respond good to medical management. As far as pancreatic mass is concerned, there are high chances for your mass to be benign lesions. So there is nothing to worry. Follow proper instructions for nephroti...  Read Full »

Is it necessary to give Mitomycin C for urinary bladder cancer?

Query: Hi doctor, My elder brother has undergone removal of low grade papillary carcinoma of urinary bladder without any local lymphatic involvement. He was advised to take Mitomycin C after six weeks of surgical intervention TURBT. Is it necessary to go for the drug? Is it prophylactic or therapeutic? I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja

General Surgeon, Medical Gastroenterologist, Medical Oncologist, Paediatric Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Superficial bladder cancer or nonmuscle invasive bladder cancer includes carcinoma in situ (CIS or Tis), Ta tumors, and T1 tumors. These are all cancers that have been found very early in their development. The cancer cells are only in the lining of the innermost layer...  Read Full »

I have a pancreatic tumour,can the tumour alone be removed or the whole pancreas has to be removed?

Query: Hello Doctor, I have a pancreatic tumour, diagnosed as low grade malignant tumour of the size of 1.2cm in the pancreas. Three months ago it was 1.0 cm in size. It is not a cyst. CT contrast shows a solid mass. The PET scan has been advised when my pancreas is healed, as it is inflamed now. I have a ...  Read Full »

Dr. Bhavin Bhupendra Vasavada

General Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, if it is a pancreatic mass, then only cure at present is surgical removal of the tumour. It is a major surgery. Surgery depends on the location of the tumour. If tumour is localized to the head of the pancreas, then surgery is called pancreaticoduo...  Read Full »

My dad died of multiple organ dysfunctions after a Whipple procedure. What was the cause of his death?

Query: Hi doctor,This query is regarding my dad, who was diagnosed with obstructive jaundice last year. He was admitted to a hospital, and the doctor examined my dad and told us that they need to perform a Whipple procedure on my dad. We did not ask for a second opinion, and we let them go ahead with the...  Read Full »

Dr. Arvind Guru

General Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have carefully gone through all your dad's reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). First of all, I am sorry for your loss. I also feel saddened by your story as it could have been managed so much better. Consider it a help to just guide you regarding w...  Read Full »

Is there a permanent cure for abdomen pain caused by uterus fibroids?

Query: Hi doctor, My sister is 46 years old now. She got married 17 years back and have a girl child of age 15. For nearly 10 years, she is having abdominal pain, which will occur during the periods and will last for five days. It will start two days before periods and will last three or four days after i...  Read Full »

Dr. Gowrimeena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After going through the detailed information given by you, the issues I think need resolution are as follows: Regarding fibroid it need removal as that is an important cause of pain abdomen. It can be done laparoscopically at this age. My suggestion is to remove the ut...  Read Full »