Q. My father is vomiting and is diagnosed with carcinoid tumor of the pancreas. Please help.

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

My father has a problem with the abdomen. He is not able to pass stool in a normal way (doing it as vomiting). We admitted him to the hospital. After examination of the reports, the results were as given:

1. Ultrasound- bowel loops.
  2. CECT- might be a carcinoid tumor.

So please help me to update what to do in this case.

#

Welcome you to icliniq.com.

I am very much sad to hear about your father's condition. I have seen the reports you uploaded. Unfortunately, this is a tumor of the pancreas and which is an advanced stage, which means not much can be done except supportive treatment. But remember, the advanced disease does not mean that we can not do anything to improve his quality of life. The following things can be considered in his case as part of management. Blood tests to confirm which type of tumor this is, like neuroendocrine tumors, are of different variables such as carcinoid, Zollinger-Ellison syndrome (particularly when he had food pipe ulcers), and some others. I want you to upload his last endoscopy report for further management.

|